ADD NEW from Drop Box

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
eyeargan

ADD NEW from Drop Box

Post by eyeargan »

My application allows USERS to create custom groups in which to place ITEMS they have searched for and wish to remember.

For example, if the items were BOOKS, a USER might search for books set in sunny destinations, then ADD these items to his or her personal group called "Rainy Day Books".

The USER may have multiple personal groups, which can be chosen from a drop down list. New groups can be created "on the fly".

My method for doing this is as follows:
1) I have an object for ItemGroup which has a "single" reference attribute for Owner and a "multi" reference attribute for Books
2) I have an object called TempItemGroup which is NOT PERSISTED and has a "single" reference attribute for ItemGroup.

The main form for TempItemGroup displays ItemGroup as a drop down list selection box, filtered to include ItemGroup WHERE ItemGroup.Owner.ID = LoggedInUser.ID.

The "ADD NEW" button is activated so that USERS SHOULD BE ABLE TO create new groups on the fly.

BUT IT DOESN'T WORK
That's the problem.

Here is the Process that calls the form from the Book record Main form.

ENTER NEW TempItemGroup USING Main
FIND ItemGroup WHERE ItemGroup.ID=TempItemGroupl.ID
INSERT Book IN ItemGroup.Books

When an existing group is selected, the Book is correctly inserted.
When the ADD NEW button is selected, the ADD form for ItemGroup appears.
After entering the Name for the ItemGroup and clicking CREATE, the form disappears and returns to the previous selection form, but the newly created group is not there.

The worst part is, I believe that all of this worked normally in a previous version a few weeks ago.

Ideas?
(Thanks)
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

The new version should not have anything to do with this - there were no changes that could have affected this behaviour. On the surface the process looks OK - you need to inspect the Log Viewer and check what's happenning with the rules.
Aware IM Support Team