Quickbooks Import

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
pbrad

Quickbooks Import

Post by pbrad »

Hi,
I am trying to export instances of a business object in order to import them into Quickbooks as transactions. Quickbooks uses a format called .IIF which is just a csv file with several custom header rows followed by rows of data.

I am going under the assumption that the way to handle this is with an Excel Document based on a template with the first three rows hard coded into the template and the balance fed by tags. The user would just save the document as an .IIF file instead of .XLS.

The problem that I am having is that I am only getting the first record into the document which is to be expected according to the user guide however there is a thread that mentions the use of LIST in an excel document template in order to put all instances into the csv file, however so far I have not been able to make this work.

As an example, I am using the Library application and have created a query that includes all 'Items'. I have created and Excel document that is based on that query and has only one field populated in the template which is <<LIST (Item.Title)>> in cell A1. When I run this in operation mode I get a blank cell, if I change it to <<Item.Title>> I just get the title of the first Item in A1. Could you please let me know if this is a syntax problem on my end and if what I am trying to do is possible and being done using the right method.
Thanks,
Pete
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

Hi Pete,

Try using template of type Text rather than Excel. You can save the generated document directly to disk without the user having to do it manually.
Aware IM Support Team
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

Excellent, I have it working! The ability to easily move data directly from AwareIM apps into Accounting software such as Quickbooks for things like Customer Lists, transactions, invoices, items etc.. really opens up a lot of opportunities.

I think that I will have to go the Display and 'Save As' route though as I am working on a remote server and can't save files directly to a client hard drive (or print to their local printers). It would be really nice if there was some kind of browser plugin available that would allow this.
Thanks again,
Pete