Increasing Size of memo field

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
denisv

Increasing Size of memo field

Post by denisv »

I need to increase the size of a field in a BO using MS SQL. In the past data was lost as the increase changed the field type form text to memo.

The field is currently defined as 10000 chars and I want to increase to 15000. I was under the impression that the last tim I increased it to 10000 (which made it lose data) the field type in the backend changed. Now however when I try and increase the size again it is warning that I will lose data.

What is the threshold for this happening ? I tried to export the data in the BO with the ID's but it is failing to export.

Can you advise how I can increase the size of the attribute without losing data in the database.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

From memory MS SQL Server does not allow changing the length of the "text" column without destroying the data - this is why Aware IM warns about the loss of data. It could be that some of the latest versions of SQL Server does allow this. In this case - you can try changing this length at the database level. Please check the documentation of your version of the SQL Server.

Aware IM creates a text column instead of varchar column for SQL Server if the length of the field is greate than 1000 characters.
Aware IM Support Team