Wish list: more complete error messages

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
tford

Wish list: more complete error messages

Post by tford »

I'm wondering if it would be possible to make error messages more complete. In MS Access for example, when a macro encounters an error, you receive a screen that has:
- Macro name
- Condition
- Action name
- Arguments.

These 4 pieces of info make it relatively easy to track down the problem in my coding / logic.

I had an "Operation error" message yesterday in an AwareIM Process yesterday that involved 8 different import rules. I had to use trial and error to determine which of the 8 rules were causes the error.

Would you be able to provide more info in the future on error messages like this one -- especially the Process name and Rule name that caused the error?

Thanks!
Tom
Feeldabuzz

Post by Feeldabuzz »

Does the event log not tell you everything you would ever want to know ??
tford

Post by tford »

Thanks for the pointer, Feeldabuzz.

I'm so accustomed to having on screen error messages vs. an event log, I haven't even looked at the Event Log.

Tom
tford

Post by tford »

Boy do I feel silly. :roll: All the detail is right there. Just another example of AwareIM's power.

1 small suggestion for AwareIM: Add a sentence to the Error Message screen in the UI that refers the user to the Logs for more details.

Tom