Inline Editing Tables

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Hubertus

Inline Editing Tables

Post by Hubertus »

In case anyone needs something like:

I've written a short howto enable inline editing for tables on http://www.hiden.org/awareim/tips-n-tricks/inline-edit.
PEFS

Post by PEFS »

Very cool Hubertus!

Thanks foir posting the .bsv file.
joftech

Post by joftech »

Hi Hubertus

I have tried to download your example but is saves as a text file. I am not able to import it into Aware IM. You might have to zip it first before makeing it available for download.

Do you have any ideas as to how we might be able to for a new line in a line items file to be produced at the top of the list. I have a customer who I have developed a complex warehouse system and they would like data entry to be as fast as possible.

Best Regards

Alan
tford

Post by tford »

I was able to download file and save as bsv & import it. Great example!

Thanks,
Tom
Hubertus

Post by Hubertus »

Hi Alan,

right-click and save-as should do the job. Otherwise renaming the .txt to .bsv should work too.

Concerning the new lines on top what if you add a "new" record with no or dummy data and sort this to the beginning ? Just a thought.

Hubertus
joftech

Post by joftech »

Hi Hubertus,

That is actually a good Idea. I will put an A in the Catalogue number feild and sort by that. It should always appear at the top.

Alan
Hubertus

Post by Hubertus »

Hello AwareIM Support !

I guess I've found a little bug. When applying the solution described above to an external database table then I never receive the arrows |< << >> >| for browsing through the pages.

Additionally, would it be possible that we can stay on the same page after saving changes ?

Maybe you could take a look at this,
Hubertus