Appointment recurrence

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Elmar

Appointment recurrence

Post by Elmar »

Hi there.

I know that you use Common Controls as frontend framework provider. I would like to know if you support reccurence as they do in the linked example.

Regards,
Elmar[/url]
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Not yet. This is in our plans.
Aware IM Support Team
Elmar

Post by Elmar »

Hi,

I know people ask for that all the time but can you give me an idea about the implementation timeframe? Is it in the next version or more in the next year? This is a must-have feature for projects that we are doing now and probably for most people that use a calendaring implementation in their software.

Thanks,
Elmar
PEFS

Post by PEFS »

This functionality would be HUGE for what my group is doing. Would love it to be added soon.

Thx,

PEFS
PEFS

Post by PEFS »

I wish I had not seen the demos on the Common Controls website...There are too many cool little things that would be nice to have. Especially, check boxes for list views and radio buttons with the same functionality that the CC demo controls.

Sample 142 with the conditional controls based on selection sounds great. Any plans on making this available?

Again, I can't express how big recurring events would be for every calendar control user within Aware IM.

Thanks for lending an ear.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

We are hoping to implement this in the version after next one (the next one is due within a week or two, the one after that - within a couple of months).

Regarding Common Controls - 90% of the functionality of Common Controls should be available in Aware IM so please make a list of the "cool little things" that you think are missing in Aware IM - you may find that some of those things are there already. But we will still be curious to know your list - maybe there is something that we missed altogether.

What is the example you are referring to when talking about check boxes and radio buttons in list views?
Aware IM Support Team
Elmar

Post by Elmar »

I make a guess about what he means
and another guess

not sure if these are implemented in AwareIM:
Breadcrumbs
JS-Integer plus/minus (called Spin in the example)

Thanks for filling me in with details about recurrance. It is good to hear that it will be in the "next" version as it is very important for most of us.

Thanks,
Elmar
tford

Post by tford »

aware_support wrote:Regarding Common Controls - 90% of the functionality of Common Controls should be available in Aware IM so please make a list of the "cool little things" that you think are missing in Aware IM - you may find that some of those things are there already.
I'm curious if the following are supported in AwareIM yet:

1- Two TabSetControls on a single JSP page. See Sample 403 at http://www.common-controls.com/cc2/tabs ... Display.do

2- Nested Tab set. See sample 401 at http://www.common-controls.com/cc2/tabs ... param=tab4

3- Menu Bread Crumb Trail. See sample 510 at http://www.common-controls.com/cc2/menu ... adcrumb.do

I have places I would use each these functions.

Exciting stuff! :D

Tom
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

OK, the things you mentioned are not in Aware IM yet. No bread crumbs, spin-boxes, nested tabsets and two tab-set controls. Some of these things, though, are very high on our priority list and WILL be available soon.
Aware IM Support Team
PEFS

Post by PEFS »

Any updates on the integration of some of the Common Controls functionality?

Specifically, I am interested in recurrence for the calendar but I am also interested in the following: check columns, text popup, inline calendar and time pickers, column header hyperlinks, Navigator (ex. 902), Color picker, popup dialog, breadcrumbs, nested tabs and spin control.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

We are currently busy integrating the new UI framework into Aware IM. The framework is called EXT - you can check its capabilities at http://extjs.com

This is a Web 2.0 framework with heavy use of AJAX and JavaScript. It provides a very rich web UI. We will move to this framework in stages - the first stage will integrate some of the functionality of EXT and it will co-exist with the Common Controls framework.
Aware IM Support Team
PEFS

Post by PEFS »

BINGO!!! Nice selection Guys.

Awesome features. Great way to update the UI. Looking very forward to seeing this integrated with your product.

Love it!
PEFS

Post by PEFS »

I did notice that there were no Calendar Controls (other than a data entry dialog). Are you planning on using something else or would it be an integration of the Common Controls Calendar functions and the EXT UI look and feel?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

We won't lose any of the existing features. If something is not supported in EXT it will remain in CommonControls.
Aware IM Support Team
PEFS

Post by PEFS »

aware_support wrote:We are currently busy integrating the new UI framework into Aware IM. The framework is called EXT - you can check its capabilities at http://extjs.com
Are you considering using the Accordion Widget in Aware.

http://aariadne.com/accordion/accordion.html

It appears to be incredibly powerful and very useful for application development and delivery.