Integrity Issues

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
PEFS

Integrity Issues

Post by PEFS »

Hi Aware,

I thought that I would save a bunch of time copying attributes that I use consistantly on most all of my Business Objects by copying and pasting them from object to another. In doing so, I have created a large number of Integrity issues. An example is located below:

rule 'Auto calculation of EmailAddress.CreatedBy1' uses attribute 'CreatedBy1' which has not been found

This is listed 3 times in the Integrity report. I have over 162 errors that are all triplicated. I have no idea where to look for rule 'Auto calculation....because it does not exist in my rules section.

Any thoughts on how I might have broken this and how I can avoid doing this in the future?

Thanks for your help

PEFS
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

"Auto-calculation" represents a rule that is automatically generated by Aware IM when an attribute is marked as "calculated". When you copy and paste an attribute Aware IM automatically copies the corresponding automatically generated rules as well - we checked it and it seems to be working fine.

In your case something has been broken, which raises the question what exactly you have been doing and how we can reproduce this problem.
Aware IM Support Team
PEFS

Post by PEFS »

Hi Support,

Here are the steps that I followed to cause the problem.

I copied 5 attributes at once from a BO and proceeded to paste them into 10 other BOs. After doing so, I noticed that I had created a large number of records that were similar but had the '1' added to the end of the Attribute (apparently I had already created some of the 5 attribute fields in the BOs). I then deleted the Attributes with the '1' at the end of the field name. I then attempted to test the application and received the integrity form with all of my errors. As I mentioned before each one was in the integrity form 3 times for each 'rule'.

Out of frustration, I added the field back to the BO and then saved the BO and deleted the Attribute again. After completing this process the errors were reduced.

I think that I probably caused this to happen because I did not open each BO when I pasted the attributes into the BO and proceeded to attempting to test the business space.

I'm not sure, but I do know that I will not do it again.
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

Try re-saving the objects in the Configuration Tool. The system rebuilds auto-generated rules when objects are saved so the inconsistent ones should disappear.
Aware IM Support Team
PEFS

Post by PEFS »

The good news is that I was able to get it to work by re-saving all of the objects. The bad news is that I am unable to now export the Business Space on my machine with the configuration tool.

If I open the configuration tool on the server I can export the Business space without any problems.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

PEFS
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

What happens when you try to export your version?
Aware IM Support Team
PEFS

Post by PEFS »

It runs just as it would if the process was successful and then when I check the folder I selected to save it in the file does not exist. I also have been unable to successfully get the version on my local version of the configuration tool to go into Test. It runs but never supplies the prompt that allows you to choose whether exisiting data will used or not and then stays in a 'NEW' state.

Everything was working like a charm before I did the copy of the attributes. The weird thing is that everything works on the server but not on my local configuration tool. Do I need to re-install the local version?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Please check the output of all components in the Control Panel especially the output of the Configuration Tool. Are there any exceptions there? If so, what are they?
Aware IM Support Team
PEFS

Post by PEFS »

Hi Support,

Yes I have the following as the last entry in the configuration tool:

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Well, you need more memory for the Configuration Tool provided that you have enough physical memory. You can allocate more memory to the Configuration Tool in the startupOptions.props file.
Aware IM Support Team
PEFS

Post by PEFS »

I noticed in the Tomcat log that I am getting a ton of these types of errors. Could it be a corrupted template file?

--> Error in template file

file...: ..\Tomcat\temp\controls.tem

line...: 1843

source.: font-weight : ${tree.font.label.weight};

error..: Illegal Identifier: tree.font.label.weight

line...: 1864

source.: font-family : ${button.font.label.family};

error..: Illegal Identifier: button.font.label.family

line...: 1865

source.: font-size : ${button.font.label.size};

error..: Illegal Identifier: button.font.label.size

line...: 1866

source.: font-weight: ${button.font.label.weight};

error..: Illegal Identifier: button.font.label.weigh
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

No, these are all harmless messages. The only problem you have now is too little memory is allocated for the Configuration Tool - probably your application is quite big.
Aware IM Support Team
PEFS

Post by PEFS »

Yes it is...

And it is going to get larger. Do you have minimum suggested requirements for hardware to run AwareIM effectively?

Thanks for your help.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

The general requirements are outlined in the Installation Guide. Obviously, your individual situation may require a different setup. If you have many concurrent users you may want to increase the memory allocated to Tomcat and the Aware IM server; if you are transferring large chunks of data ( for example, big images) - you may need to allocate more memory for JBoss.

If your application is large then you need to increase the amount of memory allocated to the Configuration Tool. The default amount of memory for the Configuration Tool is intentionally rather small, but sufficient for most average applications. If you make it 96M or 128M or even more, it will cater for the largest of applications.
Aware IM Support Team
Feeldabuzz

Post by Feeldabuzz »

Can you confirm what and where needs to modified.

I have been struggling with an application that has been running on a vps so I moved it to a dedicated server yesterday with some improvement.

The application produces a number of word documents.

outofmemory took a couple of hours to happen.

Machine spec:

2.4 GHz Intel Celeron processor
512 MB RAM
80 GB hard disk drive
Windows 2003 Standard Edition