Documents type - question

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum

Documents type - question

Post by avatar69 »

Hi Guys!

I am a bit of a n00b with AwareIM, but I love the program so far, and I have great things in mind for my organization with this program.

I have a million questions, but I am trying to work through a lot of them myself so I learn, but for this particular question - I am stuck: I have an attribut of "document" type, and it allows me to upload an excel document. I would then want to click on a button to download it again when I want to.

What happens is instead of downloading the correct document, I get a file called: "UpdateEntity.do" How can I just have it download the exact same document I uploaded?

Many thanks,

John
JTU
Spirax Sarco
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

If you saved an Excel document in an attribute, you will see a View icon for the attribute on the object form. When you click the icon a new browser window should open and display the contents of the Excel document in it (if you have Excel installed on the computer where you try viewing the document). You can then use menu File - Save As to save the document on disk.
Aware IM Support Team

Post by avatar69 »

Aha....this might be a problem in MacOSX. None of what you described should happen - happens. I have 3 buttons: add, delete, and modify. Add and delte are self explanatory, and modify just downloads a file, with a ".do" extension as mentioned above....:((
JTU
Spirax Sarco
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

By the way, invalid file name problem is fixed in build 446
Aware IM Support Team

Post by avatar69 »

Yep, redownloaded 446 and it works like a charm. ;) Awesome work guys!
JTU
Spirax Sarco