PDA Access

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
autonomy2

PDA Access

Post by autonomy2 »

Hi Support.

Could I please get advice on the following?

I need to build PDA access for my application and am aware that I need to keep these PDA pages very lite weight, in terms of content.

I suspect that if I design a PDA search form, the results returned by Aware IM could be quite large?

My company has purchased the Professional Edition for this project; Would it be better to upgrade to the Development Edition and use XML instead?
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

You can control the number of objects displayed by a query. If the total number of found objects is large, the system will show the results one page at a time. The user can click the Next/Previous and other navigation buttons to move to a different result page. You can see examples of this behavior in sample applications.
Aware IM Support Team
autonomy2

PDA Login

Post by autonomy2 »

Thanks for you reply support.

Another question on this topic; If I need to have a separate login for PDA access and retaining normal web based access, I assume another login JSP file would need to be created, to redirect the user to a purpose built PDA menu page view?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

You can provide your own custom login form and then post the data using one of the URL's described in the "Login" section of the User Guide. Note that in this URL you can specify the visual perspective to be opened on startup ("presentation" parameter).
Aware IM Support Team
autonomy2

PDA Access - Pocket Internet Explorer

Post by autonomy2 »

Hi Support.

I have designed the visual perspective for PDA access on my application.

My custom PDA access form has been designed to load the PDA welcome screen upon log in (url - presentation=PDA).

I seem to have run into a slight problem trying to access this visual perspective from the PDA using Pocket Internet Explorer on Windows Mobile 5 (JasJam i-Mate).

Have tested the same PDA access page from my laptop using Internet Explorer - the PDA welcome screen visual perspective loads correctly.

When the page has loaded on the PDA, the screen reads 'Please select the required operation from the menu.'

I take it, when using the logon.do operation, other processes run & re-direct the user to the stipulated presentation page. This is probably too much for PIE to handle, hence the problem.

Has anyone in Aware Support run into this problem? Any suggested work arounds?
autonomy2

PDA Access - Pocket Internet Explorer vs NetFront v3.3

Post by autonomy2 »

Hi Support. Please disregard my previous query.

Have downloaded and installed NetFront v3.3, which is displaying loading the visual perspective as required.

Thanks!
autonomy2

PDA Access - Opera Mobile Browser

Post by autonomy2 »

FYI.

Opera Mobile Browser works extremely well.

Web pages are rendered as intended. Page loading is faster than PIE or NetFront.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Great to know! Thanks for the info.
Aware IM Support Team