ODBC to Derby for Database schema comparison

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
jclark58

ODBC to Derby for Database schema comparison

Post by jclark58 »

OK at some point in my process I had the complete brainwave of copying my production database to my development server so that I could test using some real data.

At the risk of displaying my patent stupidty I then discovered there were some differneces between the two - changed fieldnames etc that now wont let me deploy a new BSV.

There are some tools available that allow the comparison between schemas but they usually reqiure an ODBC connection

Has anybody set up an ODBC connection to the the AwareIM Derby database?
jclark58

Post by jclark58 »

OK then anybody have any ideas how I can go about comparing the schemas of two Derby databases electronically?
PEFS

Post by PEFS »

Hi jclark58,

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/d ... 409kartha/

Here is a link to IBM's site with information on setting up an ODBC connection for Derby/Cloudscape using DB2.

There are plenty of DB comparison tools on the web designed for analyzing 2 ODBC database sources.

I hope this helps you.
jclark58

Post by jclark58 »

Thanks for the response PEFS.

Yes I had managed to get that far but dont seem to be having any luck connecting DB2 to the AwareIM BASDB. Hoping someone else may have tried and succeeded.

regards

John