New UI Options

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
PEFS

New UI Options

Post by PEFS »

In the new UI skins are you considering a retracting Left Menu Pane? This is a request that I get very often from Clients.

If not, is there a way to display it and hide it?

Thanks
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Do you mean that you need a button that would hide the menu?

If so, then you can probably include an item in the menu itself called "Hide menu" that would switch to a different visual perspective. You can define this visual perspective not to have a menu.
Aware IM Support Team
PEFS

Post by PEFS »

Very good idea!

I will try that out.

Any hints on how the new UI features will function? Will it be the same type of controls that are currrently used? Sorry to be so curious...I hate to make any major application changes if there will be better ways of changing the look & feel in the very near future.

Thanks Aware.
Feeldabuzz

Post by Feeldabuzz »

What is the eta / roadmap for the UI changes ???
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

In the short term there will be the same types of controls as now - just more skins and styles (like there is style1 and style2 now).

In the longer term we are planning to support new UI frameworks (for example, RIA frameworks such as Flex or Lazlo or Ajax-bases such as Backbase) - this is being discussed now
Aware IM Support Team
PEFS

Post by PEFS »

If so, then you can probably include an item in the menu itself called "Hide menu" that would switch to a different visual perspective. You can define this visual perspective not to have a menu.
I finally got around to trying this method. It does work, but I am unable to "land" on the same page that I started on. If I am on a page in my 'Normal' perspective that I would like to expand by switching, when I switch the new perspective takes me to the beginning page in the alternate perspective.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

PEFS
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Well, I guess, this solution will not work if you want to display exactly what you are displaying but without a menu.

We'll add the functionality to hide the menu to our TODO list. Hope to do it in the next release (won't be too hard).
Aware IM Support Team
PEFS

Post by PEFS »

That's why I love you Guys!!!

Aware IM is the greatest web devlopment tool ever created. Your support is incredible...do you Guys ever sleep??? :wink:

Thanks again.

PEFS