Design Advice/Guidance

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
PEFS

Design Advice/Guidance

Post by PEFS »

Hi Aware,

I have an Client that has an Accounting Firm. The Firm has 25 Accountants and over 1,700 individual Clients. Each Client is assigned to an Individual Account or an Accountant Group. The Firm would like each accountant to be assigned login credentials that will only allow them the ability to see the Client records of those Clients assigned to the Accountant (or accountant group)

I know that I will need to create a Business Object for the following:

-Clients
-Accountants
-Firm (for the firms main details)

I know that I can create a reference between the Accountants and the Clients and allow an administrator the access to assign Clients to Accountants. I am just unsure of how to display the details of the Clients assigned to the Individual Accountants.

I also suppose that I could create a Business Object called 'Accountant Groups' and assign Accountants to Individual Groups and then assign Clients to Groups.

I am just trying to think of the most logical design that offers the most flexibility and ease of use to the Firm administrator.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

PEFS
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

Hi PEFS,

> I know that I can create a reference between the Accountants and the Clients and allow an administrator the access to assign Clients to Accountants. I am just unsure of how to display the details of the Clients assigned to the Individual Accountants.

If Accountant object has a multiple-allowed reference attribute for Client objects, the linked clients will be automatically displayed on the Accountant form. This is one of the most significant and frequently used features of Aware IM.

You can find plenty of information on using and displaying references in the Aware IM User Guide and Configuration Case Study documents. Please also see the sample applications for practical examples of using references.
Aware IM Support Team