Deleting Problem

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
john

Deleting Problem

Post by john »

Hi

I have a bit of a serious problem deleting ALL of my records. I have a process that finds all of my records then deletes them. This appeared to work fine.

Since my database has increased I now get an operation error Saying that one of my required attributes is required (before they can be deleted). I have checked and all of the records appear fine. Could this be some sort of corruption somewhere??

I have several backups of my database and I have reverted back to these to see if this makes any difference and it doesnt? I need to do this to replace the data in the system with a csv file I have spent a long time preparing because we are backating the system to include records that existed before the AwareIM system came to be.

All I want to do is empty the table for a particular Business Object but I cant even access them through the files stored under the DATA directory because they are gobbledigook??? Is there anyway I can achieve what I am trying to do. . . I dont see whay it should require a field when deleting???? but I suppose mine is not to question why??

It all worked fine in testing??

Please help, this is a live system that I have had to take offline until I get this sorted, needless to say people are not impsessed

Thank
John
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

Which attribute is reported as required in the error message, does it belong to the object being deleted or some other object that has a reference to the deleted object?
Aware IM Support Team
john

Post by john »

Hi

Thanks for the reply, its all sorted now. Yes you were right it was referencing another object. I have just deleted everything and started again.

Best Regrads
John