Scalabillity and performance ...

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
pixerp

Scalabillity and performance ...

Post by pixerp »

From experience I know that using "friendly" dev tools will show their limits when it comes to productive deployment of "complex / fully-fledged" applications...

So I would appreciate any feedback on scalability - performance and reliability with AwareIM applications in production.

. number of Bus. objects, references, rules, process...
. hw/sw infrastructure, which Jservers - DB engine ...
. performance bottlenecks ...

One concern that I have in mind is DB size if we store for, example, all emails (incl. attach.) and documents (incl. scanned docs) in DB records. What is the limit ? Any experience on this subject ?

Thanks to all who will share their practical experience.
twhitehurst

Post by twhitehurst »

I have an application in production that currently has thousands of records with multiple file attachements on each record. Examples of the attachments are inspection reports, photos, legal documents.

The database size is around 8 Gigs now. We have not had any issues. I'll report back when we hit the 100 gig mark (about the end of the year)
joftech

Post by joftech »

I currently have a medical system running at a client which has many business objects and rules. They have 200,000 patient records with multiple relationships and table references. The system is using Mysql with 5 internal users and an unlimited number of doctors accessing it via the internet. It is working very very well.

Alan