A Little Help With A Process

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
john

A Little Help With A Process

Post by john »

Hi

I have a problem running a process from a query. I cant see where I am going wrong so as you are the experts I hoped it wouldn't take too long for you to anwer.

I am trying to run a query that starts a process which will update a field in all records displayed in the query if they are ticked. I have done this by settng up my query and set one of the operations to start a process. In this process I have not set any Business Object to provide the data (I have left that blank) and I have just created one rule in the process that basically updates the field.

My BO is called "AssignmentSheet" and the field is called "Checked". The reason I run the query first is one of the criteria is entered at run time which works really well. Basically my hope is that the user will press the button, then be presented with a search box (the criteria asked at run time) and then be presented with the results. This all works fine, I can search, tick the boxes of all the records I want to update and then start my process that only contains the following rule:
AssignmentSheet.Checked='Yes'

When I do this however I get an error message:
"Internal system error"

Strangely, the process DOES do what I need it to do, but obviously I would prefer this to work without the error?

I did also try it the other way by starting with the process. I started this with a rule that runs the Query, but for some reason when I do this, after I enter my criteria I get a message back saying "A Query Of This Name Does Not Exist"? I am very confused?

Based on what I have tried to explain can you see anything wrong with what I am trying to do?

Do you have any suggestions?

Regards
John
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

I can't see anything wrong - it could be a bug. Could you please do the following:

1) E-mail your bsv file to [email protected]
2) Describe detailed steps that we need to do in order to reproduce both problems. This is very important as we sometimes waste a lot of time just trying to reproduce people's problems.
Aware IM Support Team
john

Post by john »

Not the answer I hoped for I must say but thanks for taking the time to help me. .

I have sent My BSV file with an export of some of my Business Objects to the support address as requested.

Best Regards
John