Process Applicable to Multiple in query

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
kklosson

Process Applicable to Multiple in query

Post by kklosson »

I have a process attached to a query that is "applicable to multiple". The process performs the following for each list item:

1. A subfolder is created for document export.
2. Documents are exported to the subfolder.
2. Files are zipped using 7-Zip command line.
3. The zipped file is downloaded using the DISPLAY URL action.

With 1 record selected, everything works perfectly. With more than one, everything works but the DISPLAY URL action only works on the first record in the sequence. The testing log shows all actions executing for each record in the queue with no errors.

The Main above process is called from a master process that does nothing but call the Main Process as seems to be needed for this to work properly. I have tried putting the DISPLAY URL action in a sub-process (in a few different configurations) but it does not change anything.

For example:

Call the Main Process
Call the DISPLAY URL process

Also, calling the DISPLAY URL process at the end of the Main Process as in the list above.
I know that processes often have to be segregated to work correctly but I think I've tried that.
Also, the Tomcat log does not show a GET action for more than one download, so it seems AIM is not processing the command for some reason.

Let me know if you have any suggestions, please.
V8.8
MySQL, AWS EC2, S3
PDFtk Toolkit
kklosson

Re: Process Applicable to Multiple in query

Post by kklosson »

Update: Instead of trying to download multiple zipped files and created a single zip file with a file directory and structure.
V8.8
MySQL, AWS EC2, S3
PDFtk Toolkit
rocketman

Re: Process Applicable to Multiple in query

Post by rocketman »

kklosson wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:13 pm Update: Instead of trying to download multiple zipped files and created a single zip file with a file directory and structure.
Not sure whether you are saying the issue is now fixed by this. so ignore if that is the case

Applicable to multiple only seems to work IF you are changing an attribute value in ALL of the selected records with the same value (IE Attributenumber=1 will change Attributenumber to 1 for all selected items in the grid. Have you tried calling the query from a process using PICK ONE OR MORE FROM, then proceeding as normal. So something like,

Process 1
Create the subfolder
PICK ONE OR MORE FROM [your query]
Call process 2 - (export documents)
Zip the file(s) in the subfolder
Send the files (DISPLAY URL)

Process 2
Export the document(s)
Rocketman

V8.7 Developer Edition. Server 2016 Standard edition. MySql 5.5