Week Date

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
john

Week Date

Post by john »

Hi

Just wanted to ask a very quick question about the Week Date function. I suppose that as with a lot of businesses our Tax year does not start on the first of January, it actually starts at the start of April. .

I have used the CURRENT_WEEK function to do some calculations in my system and got around the problem by always adding 39 to whatever the current week date is. My question is:

Will this reset back to zero when we approach april or will this cause an error, e.g. When the CURRENT_WEEK = 14 The code:

TaxWeek=(CURRENT_WEEK+39)
(Will this generate)
TaxWeek=0
(or)
TaxWeek=Error

This is still in testing anyway so I still have time to work around this if you have any suggestions. Also as a further point of interest when does the week start for CURRENT_WEEK (I have assumed this to be Sunday)

I hope that makes sense

Best Regards
John
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

I am not sure I understand the question. If CURRENT_WEEK = 14 then CURRENT_WEEK + 39 = 53. That is probably not what you asked.

You may want to inspect the current month instead to see if the current date is before April.

The start of new week is Sunday.
Aware IM Support Team
john

Post by john »

Hi

Sorry I think I have got myself a little confused. I have just realised what I have said in my last post, I didnt think it through too well at all! Please ignore.

Regards
John