NoEdit form and Edit form differentiate

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
JoshK131

NoEdit form and Edit form differentiate

Post by JoshK131 »

Hello.

Our customer wanted to open forms in NOEDIT mode and then be able to change to edit mode.

I have done this by adding a panel operation in the form with a Process called "edit" which will view the same form.

The problem is the "edit" button is still visible when the form is already in edit mode.
Is there a way to hide the "edit" button if the form is already open in edit mode?

I would appreciate the help.
I have 2 attempts below.

Attempt 1:
Add a field called "ViewOrEdit" and set this to "View" or "Edit" to show and hide the button.
Problems:
I will need to make sure the value is changed back to "View" any time the edit form is closed. This could be when the form is saved and closed, which would be normal. But the user could also close the whole browser and I would not know.
It also has problems with multiple users accessing the record as it may already be in edit mode when User 2 accesses it, then would be unable to edit it.

Attempt 2:
A No edit form and a Edit form.
Problems:
The only difference between the 2 forms is the "Edit" button which means any changes in a form would have to be duplicated.
I also have Access controlling processes in the back that have a formname field to determine which form the User is able to use.
Im hoping for another solution as I dont want to go through this trouble.