SOLVED! Calendar start time not same as database start time

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
bwalk

SOLVED! Calendar start time not same as database start time

Post by bwalk »

Good morning developers,
I have a very curious thing happening with my calendar. The start time on the calendar is 1 hour earlier than what shows in the calendar BO database record. IE, if any event show starting at 9:30 am on the calendar is shows 10:30 am in the database for that event.
Both the server and my PC show the same time zone, Central Daylight Savings Time.
This wouldn't be a problem because they do appear correct on the calendar itself, but I report all new/changed events nightly to all those that use the calendar, so they appear 1 hour later on the outgoing email, but correct on the calendar.
Has anyone noticed this behavior? Does your calendar database show the same time as on your calendar? I (and others) have been trying to figure this out for days.
Thanks for any insight you might be able to provide.

PS: end times are also off by 1 hour
Attachments
2024-03-22_07-36-29.jpg
2024-03-22_07-36-29.jpg (278.37 KiB) Viewed 264 times
Last edited by bwalk on Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joben

Re: Calendar start time not same as database start time

Post by joben »

The RegularUser BO has an attribute called TimeZone. I have never played around with it, but this is what I would try:

Make sure TimeZone is visible in the user form so that you can change it.
Then compare the calendar between a user who has it set as default, and another user with Central Daylight Savings Time.
Maybe you need to do a hard refresh in your browser (CTRL+SHIFT+R) for it to display properly after changing it.
Regards, Joakim

bwalk

Post by bwalk »

Joben, you seem to be on to something.
If I login as a user with no time zone selected, the calendar displays what the DB has stored. If I login as a user with 'Central Daylight Savings Time', the calendar displays the event 1 hour before the DB record time.
But the server date/time is the same as on my PC, so I don't understand....
bwalk

Post by bwalk »

Seems either setting RegularUser.TimeZone to null or Eastern DST works. This is strange because I'm in Central DST but this does not work.
Anyway what I have now will get me through for now.
Thank for getting me going in the right direction Jogen
bwalk

Post by bwalk »

Excuse me for resurrecting this subject but I believe I have found something.
From the Regular User form:
When I select 'Eastern Daylight Time GMT-5' it shows in the Database as 'America/Atikokan' which does not observe DST.
When I select 'Central Daylight Time GMT-6' is shows in the Database as 'America/Bahia_Banderas' which also does not observer DST.
There are no selections that result in a central timezone that observes DST.
So my question is: Where does the list of TimeZones used in the RegularUser form come from? And why does it not have all the timezone?
Thanks
bwalk

Post by bwalk »

SOLVED
Vladimir found an issue with the Time Zones not saving the correct Time Zone in the database.
Watch for the fix in a new release.