V9 NEW FEATURES discussion

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
aware_support

Re: V9 NEW FEATURES discussion

Post by aware_support »

"It should now be possible to explicitly indicate if a visual perspective can be used as a URL parameter"

Aware IM supports the "perspective" parameter where you can explicitly indicate the name of the visual perspective to use when you login, for example:
http://localhost:8080/AwareIM/logonGues ... erspective

However, this will only work if the perspective is marked accordingly in the Configurator, otherwise it is interpreted as security breach.
Aware IM Support Team
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

About reserved words - you can find a list of reserved words in the documentation of the corresponding database. Not all reserved words are checked by Aware IM but if you use those reserved words, then you are likely to have problems, so my advice is not to use reserved words of the database.
Aware IM Support Team
kklosson

Post by kklosson »

I have used "Comment" quite a few times. Does anyone know, can they be changed AFTER going to 9? For example, will putting it into test identify each instance as an error enabling me to keep changing them until I get them all? Or will I be stuck in purgatory?
V8.8
MySQL, AWS EC2, S3
PDFtk Toolkit
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

Once in V9 , it won't let you put into Test or Pubish if a name is conflict.
Renaming the attribute while in V9 is then needed.
kklosson

Post by kklosson »

Thanks. But it will give a normal error and allow me to change it, right?
V8.8
MySQL, AWS EC2, S3
PDFtk Toolkit
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

Yes, although it probably makes sense to make the changes before you upgrade. I only discovered the issue after upgrading , but was able to make the changes without a problem