So many image files in Tomcat\webapps\AwareIM folder

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
gernotlg

So many image files in Tomcat\webapps\AwareIM folder

Post by gernotlg »

I've just had a look at my AwareIM\Tomcat\webapps\AwareIM folder, and it is chocka's with image files. These files are copies, (yes.. All copies) , of the 2 logo image files for my 2 tenants. It's like Aware or Tomcat is creating a copy of these in the Tomcat\webapps\AwareIM folder, either for each session when a login occurs, or whenever a VP is displayed... I have no idea.

There are also some images from the sample apps too.

Can anyone explain. ?

Is there a cleanup process for Tomcat ?
WhyAllTheIconFiles.JPG
WhyAllTheIconFiles.JPG (92.64 KiB) Viewed 478 times
V8.8 / Windows / MySQL
hpl123

Re: So many image files in Tomcat\webapps\AwareIM folder

Post by hpl123 »

Yes, this is a known problem and we have a FR or a couple about this but it is apparently difficult to solve or Awaresoft would have solved it long ago considering the different FRs and the discussions in the past about this.

Every time an Aware app loads a image for a user, it throws a copy in the main Aware folder. I have had tens of thousands of files in this folder in the past (image intense app) before I created a batch script the deletes all image files daily. NB: If you do this, be careful because the script can delete important files etc. if you write the script incorrectly and also another thing, a fresh Aware installation has some image files in this folder and I am not sure if these are needed somewhere but my script replaced all of the preexisting image files (i.e all image files located in that folder with a fresh Aware install) after having deleted all image files.
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)