Possible Enhancement / Wish List

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
denisv

Possible Enhancement / Wish List

Post by denisv »

Since the introduction of external tables, which is very usefull, I was wondering if you might consider a new form of relationship tables that would allow using a linked external tabel to have referenced attributes.

I understand why it is not possible to add an attribute (referenced or otherwise).

What I was wondering is would it be possible to create a new type of relationship which would effectively use an intermediary table that would contain a unique value from the linked table and the ID value from the referenced business object so you could effectively add transactions againts a record in the linked table but in reality the link would actually be held in a separate table.

Perhaps the method would then be to add a 'referenced' attribute to the external table which then asks (or creates) the intermediary table.

This attribute would 'appear'in the external table in design and on the form but wouldn't actually be in the structure itself.

Does this make sense ? I know it would be preferable to migrate fully to Aware but not alwasy possible.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

It is not easy, unfortunately, so for now it is not possible to add references or other attributes to business objects defined in external databases.

As a work around you can define a reference to the external object in the "normal" object. So if you want to add attributes you create a normal "proxy" object that will have a reference to the external object and then you can add attributes to this proxy object.
Aware IM Support Team