If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
BLOMASKY

Post by BLOMASKY »

Is it possible to log into Aware from a different app via REST?

I am exploring different tools to create mobile front-ends and then call Aware processes via REST. But 1st, I need to validate the user and I am not sure how to do that.

Thanks

Bruce
BobK

Re: Log into Aware via REST

Post by BobK »

We have users that use a mobile device and access data in our AwareIM system using REST.
They do not actually log into the system, but here is how we validate them:
They enter their user ID and password into the mobile device and those credentials get sent to our system as part of the REST data.
Our AwareIM REST Process uses the PWD_ENCRYPT function to encrypt the user password. We then use their ID and encrypted password to find their RegularUser record. If it is found, they are validated.
Bob
BLOMASKY

Post by BLOMASKY »

Thanks, but where did you find the PWD_ENCRYPT function? I don't see it in the documentation. Are there more hidden functions?

Thanks

Bruce
BobK

Post by BobK »

I do not remember how I found it or who told me about it, but it is in the function context help (F4).
The description from that help is:
Parameters: attribute of Plain Text type or expression producing Plan Text
Return: Result of the password encryption algorithm on the specified string as a hexadecimal string
Bob