Dear Santa ... Priorities

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
PointsWell

Dear Santa ... Priorities

Post by PointsWell »

So this post seems to have coalesced opinion around a fairly consistent ratio of renewal / enhancement and new features.

As Santa is coming and there is a view that there are things that could be more polished what would be your three things that you'd like to see enhanced?

Mine would be:
  1. Less reliance on hacking props files for settings. This is a new user turn off, you come looking for the low code environment and down the line get a set up that requires digging about in text files. All of the configurable setting should be accessible via the server console (because most new users are not going to be running headless from the get go), and the server should be stop and startable from the server console.
  2. MacOS installer / notarisation - this is a PITA. It's also been better in the past but got broken in the last couple of years. As a new user you potentially won't realise the issue until it's too late and you've wiped a setup by accident by reinstalling.
  3. Improvements to the DISPLAY action to allow the output to be formatted in a non arbitrary way (unless there's a trick I am missing)
Dear Santa, I promise I have been good this year (or at least no worse than last year)
ACDC

Re: Dear Santa ... Priorities

Post by ACDC »

Extend the Advanced Script feature with an AI prompt tool that understands the AIM model and can build scripts to achieve things not capable with the standard Configurator.
nhofkes

Post by nhofkes »

Seems that Santa has already gone home, but I'd like the process for updating/upgrading AIM to be automatic instead of the manual process that it currently is.
Niels
(V9.0 build 3241 - MariaDB - Windows)
PointsWell

Post by PointsWell »

nhofkes wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:08 pm Seems that Santa has already gone home, but I'd like the process for updating/upgrading AIM to be automatic instead of the manual process that it currently is.
This would make things a LOT better.
customaware

Post by customaware »

💯
Cheers,
Mark
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Thanks, everyone for your thoughts (especially PointsWell)

Now...
Version 9.0 will be released in late January. Would you rather wait for us to implement some of the things you complain about, or you are happy to wait until the next version (post 9.0)?

By the way, we do develop some of Aware IM applications ourselves. Some of the features added in 9.0 are not just your requests but the
result of us finding limitations in the product. Personally, I am very proud of version 9.0. We will soon publish a few videos that explain what's in it.

It is probably missing some of the things you are talking about, but we do listen....
Aware IM Support Team
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

release
plenty of new stuff in there.
thx!
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

1.Less reliance on hacking props files for settings BUT keep both as all settings to all parts/components etc.will not be implemented as config tool settings which means if some settings are moved to the control panel and the rest inaccessible would be a step back IMO. Sure, Aware is mostly a low code tool BUT one of its biggest strength is also its current adaptability/openess so Aware also can be used for more advanced users.
2. Auto update.
3. PWA support.

I also say release BUT maybe create a roadmap tool of some kind for future better overview, streamlining, control, prioritization and community involvement in the implementation and prioritization of new things etc.. This has been discussed and requested many times before but we don't have a good system for it still.
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
gernotlg

Post by gernotlg »

Release
V8.8 / Windows / MySQL
PointsWell

Post by PointsWell »

aware_support wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:24 am Thanks, everyone for your thoughts (especially PointsWell)

Now...
Version 9.0 will be released in late January. Would you rather wait for us to implement some of the things you complain about, or you are happy to wait until the next version (post 9.0)?

By the way, we do develop some of Aware IM applications ourselves. Some of the features added in 9.0 are not just your requests but the
result of us finding limitations in the product. Personally, I am very proud of version 9.0. We will soon publish a few videos that explain what's in it.

It is probably missing some of the things you are talking about, but we do listen....
Apologies, my post wasn't meant as an immediate need, the title was a reference to it being written pre Christmas.

Am eagerly awaiting V9, having already had a play with the beta there's some useful stuff in there.
kklosson

Post by kklosson »

Stocking stuffer: pop-up timeout notification.
V8.8
MySQL, AWS EC2, S3
PDFtk Toolkit