CSS to minimize row height in queries

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
BLOMASKY

CSS to minimize row height in queries

Post by BLOMASKY »

I am CSS challenged. My customer wants to have the most rows / screen. I did that in CSS by setting .k-toolbar height to 0em !important, but that breaks other things, so my question is does anyone have the CSS I will need to have ALL queries (some are pick lists with a checkbox, some have buttons inline) with a minimal height. So, it should look like below:
Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 1.57.18 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 1.57.18 PM.png (127.87 KiB) Viewed 84610 times
Thanks

Bruce
PointsWell

Re: CSS to minimize row height in queries

Post by PointsWell »

New version includes a narrow row option baked into the Configurator. I am guessing that means it generates a new css class for those narrow row grids, which means you can just add that into your custom CSS with a modified row height if you need it to be even smaller.
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

CSS in Aware is usually not a 1 fix thing to fix all but if you already have a working CSS change but it messes up other things, the easiest thing you can do to fix this is to make your CSS class more specific so it only targets the queries you want.

If you have the following class now:

Code: Select all

.k-toolbar 
{
height: ....
}
All you have to do is add another part to the class like this:

.k-toolbar .MySpecificQuery
{
}
And then you add "MySpecificQuery" to the class field on the queries where you want to apply the change.
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
BLOMASKY

Post by BLOMASKY »

hpl123 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:50 am CSS in Aware is usually not a 1 fix thing to fix all but if you already have a working CSS change but it messes up other things, the easiest thing you can do to fix this is to make your CSS class more specific so it only targets the queries you want.

If you have the following class now:

.k-toolbar 
{
}
All you have to do is add another part to the class like this:

.k-toolbar .MySpecificQuery
{
}
And then you add "MySpecificQuery" to the class field on the queries where you want to apply the change.

Silly question, instead of changing the 80-100 queries to have the class, and since I didn't add a class to any of my queries, is there a default "query" class that Aware uses so I can add that to the .k-toolbar selector?

Thanks
Bruce
BLOMASKY

SOLVED

Post by BLOMASKY »

Help to talk to someone who is an expert in CSS.

Life is good again.

Bruce
hpl123

Re: SOLVED

Post by hpl123 »

BLOMASKY wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:07 am Help to talk to someone who is an expert in CSS.

Life is good again.

Bruce
Yes, CSS can be tricky and complex. What was your final solution?
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
bwalk

Post by bwalk »

PointsWell wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:30 pm New version includes a narrow row option baked into the Configurator. I am guessing that means it generates a new css class for those narrow row grids, which means you can just add that into your custom CSS with a modified row height if you need it to be even smaller.
Pointswell, where would one find this 'narrow row option' in v9.0?
Thx