Execute Process after Save / Close Form doesnt work ++

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
gernotlg

Execute Process after Save / Close Form doesnt work ++

Post by gernotlg »

Hi.

Any help or suggestions why this randomly doesn't work .... appreciated. Thanks.

I can't work out why in some forms, the Execute Process After Save, and the Execute Process After Close DO NOT EXECUTE.

Furthermore... even a button (Panel Operations) that should Start Process... Does not start the process.

Going Mental. Ready to meet my maker.
V8.8 / Windows / MySQL
kklosson

Re: Execute Process after Save / Close Form doesnt work ++

Post by kklosson »

Quick thought...
Make sure the logged in user has access to the process.
V8.8
MySQL, AWS EC2, S3
PDFtk Toolkit
gernotlg

Post by gernotlg »

kklosson wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:01 pm Quick thought...
Make sure the logged in user has access to the process.
Admin. but thanks.
V8.8 / Windows / MySQL
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

vaguely remember experiencing this.

from my exp., the main reason to use this (process after Save) is because after the save, you need to run a process.
you don't (or can't) want it coming back to the calling process because that process needed to complete with a VIEW as the last statement... if not, then pressing a button on that form would generate the dreaded "do you want to end the running process" dialog (or similar, cant remember - its late)

(I think thats why Vlad built this (process after Save) into the architecture originally because that parent process needed to end so other processes could start via buttons on the form.)

so something's telling me you've called this form with an EDIT (not a VIEW) thereby suspending that Process and aware can't BOTH return to the calling process AND run your process after the SAVE.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL