EXEC_SP in deletion rule?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
lueu

EXEC_SP in deletion rule?

Post by lueu »

Is it possible to use an EXEC_SP in a deletion rule? I have a stored procedure that works directly in the database, and I would like this to kick off when the user deletes a record. Can't find a way to tie a process to the delete button (as I can for Save), and using it in deletion rules doesn't seem to work. I tried EXEC_SP 'MySP* and IF 1=1 THEN EXEC_SP 'MySP'. Sadly it doens't do anything. I've tried to find out how the deletion rules are supposed to work by reading the documentation, but I could'nt find much. This means that I might not understand how it's supposed to work, and I might have tried to use it the wrong way.

If anyone have done somthing similar I would be greatful if you would share :)
BLOMASKY

Re: EXEC_SP in deletion rule?

Post by BLOMASKY »

What flavor of SQL are you using? Does it support triggers? If so, you can write a delete trigger.

Bruce
lueu

Re: EXEC_SP in deletion rule?

Post by lueu »

Thanks, Bruce. Yes, I can use a trigger. Was just hoping there was a way to do this in AwareIM, since deletion rules exits and you can tie a process to the save-button. So it seems possible in theory, at least :)