Save Button Vanishes before my eyes

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
gernotlg

Save Button Vanishes before my eyes

Post by gernotlg »

Anyone know why a Save Button would appear on the form then disappear. (like it's there when the form loads and then I watch it disappear straight away).

* Popup
* Bottom Panel Toolbar or Bottom of Form (no difference).
* Form loaded via process from operations with records from grid in parent form.

Also... the Parent's Save Button then disappears too.

There are no visibility rules in the button settings

Thanks
V8.8 / Windows / MySQL
hpl123

Re: Save Button Vanishes before my eyes

Post by hpl123 »

Look to see if you have any custom script or JS running somewhere.
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
gernotlg

Post by gernotlg »

Yeah stupid me.. I'd just found it.. was a script and the form had been copied and modified for Edit.. so it still had ID's and scripts for hiding buttons from the original wizard form.

However... it's strange that the parent's buttons got messed up... which now that is fixed too.

Thanks
V8.8 / Windows / MySQL
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

gernotlg wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:01 pm Yeah stupid me.. I'd just found it.. was a script and the form had been copied and modified for Edit.. so it still had ID's and scripts for hiding buttons from the original wizard form.

However... it's strange that the parent's buttons got messed up... which now that is fixed too.

Thanks
Good you found it and JS etc. scripts that do changes isn't "isolated" e.g on form x only but not parent form (unless you have very specific selectors) which means a script targets all elements e.g buttons on the page / app that meet the selection criteria so say your script does remove button with "save" class or whatever, the script then does that for all elements (buttons and can also be other things) throughout the page / app.
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)