Help login problem

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
joftech

Help login problem

Post by joftech »

Hi Support,

I have a licenced runtime at a client. I went to update the bsv file today. The system is not accepting the default username and password. Also the usernames and passwords of the staff are not being accepted.

The system is running Mysql.

No one has changed passwords as I have not given users that ability.

What can I do to get into the system again so I can load a new bsv file and reset the passwords.

Thanks

Alan
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Did you make the length of the password attribute smaller? Reducing the length of any text attribute erases all existing data for the attribute (the system gives a clear warning message about it).
Aware IM Support Team
joftech

Post by joftech »

Hi,

No. I have not even loaded a ne bsv as I cannot access the system.

The system was last updated in December at that stage I could access it. The staff were also able to access it. Nothing has changed except for the fact that nobody can logon including myself.

Alan
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Someone MUST have changed the password or user name then. You can have a look at the user name in the MYSQL table but there is no way to find out the password because it is encrypted.

If you cannot remember the password, please purchase a support ticket and we will send you the special password with instructions on how to install it so that you can login as an administrator.
Aware IM Support Team
denisv

Post by denisv »

I have a client system which has been working up until today.

I applied a new build from Version 2.2 and now I am unable to log into the application using any of the users that were operating the system earlier today or the admin user.

Is there any possibility that something has happened to damage or clear the passwords ? There is no way all user and admin passwords would have been changed today.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

We have sent you an e-mail regarding this. If you haven't received it please send an e-mail to [email protected]
Aware IM Support Team
Hubertus

Post by Hubertus »

I don't know if this helps anyone - just a shot in the dark.

I normally run AwareIM under Linux. But because of some troubles concerning AwareIM 2.2 on Linux (after upgrading from 2.0) I also played with 2.2 on Windows using the same MySQL database. I don't have a clue why but I noticed that when running AwareIM as a service then logging in was impossible.
Running JBoss and Tomcat as service and AwareIM as "normal" process worked fine.

Just my 2 cents,
Hubertus
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Yes, we found a problem when running Aware IM as Windows service in 2.2. Thanks, everyone for picking it up. The problem is now fixed and will be availble shortly on our web site (build 942).
Aware IM Support Team
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

When upgrading to build 942 please uninstall the services, install a new build and then install the services again.
Aware IM Support Team
Hubertus

Post by Hubertus »

That's what I call a quick fix - many thanks !
And anyone reading this, please notice that where aware_support works it's 1.00 AM at the moment !!!
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Build 942 is now available on our web site.
Aware IM Support Team
denisv

Post by denisv »

Having been heavily involved in this issue today I can confirm - Aware Support always works !