Remove Focus from Save button

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jhstephenson

Remove Focus from Save button

Post by Jhstephenson »

I have some forms that I use to prompt for reports or some maintenance utilities.

One form has 4 Combo boxes on it that select from some tables. Like this:
Screenshot 2023-08-16 141450.png
Screenshot 2023-08-16 141450.png (13.62 KiB) Viewed 15062 times
When the user starts entering the 'Current Assistant' they are searching for it will drop down the selection list. Normal combo-box behavior.

However, if they move the cursor manually to the one they want to select, and then press enter. The form acts like they have completed filling it out and executes 'Save', or in this case 'Move Cases', because that button has focus at that time and then executes the rest of the process. So, they never get the chance to fill in the rest of the form.

Is there a way to remove focus from the buttons at the bottom of the form so that they do not get 'accidently' triggered?
Jaymer

Re: Remove Focus from Save button

Post by Jaymer »

Is it that the button has focus as you presume, or is this a pop-up window in which case the enter key will always close it.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
Jhstephenson

Post by Jhstephenson »

Jaymer, I think the later.

So, is there a way to disable the focus on any button when it is a popup?
kklosson

Post by kklosson »

I've had good results asking ChatGPT for Kendo scripts. You might try that.
V8.8
MySQL, AWS EC2, S3
PDFtk Toolkit