File path for Persistence type Database Exisiting External

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
poshaccy

File path for Persistence type Database Exisiting External

Post by poshaccy »

Hi - I have a number of Business Spaces which deal with invoicing and stock control for 6 garages, each garage has its own Business Space. Garages 1,2,3 &4 all sit on the Default Database and garages 5 & 6 have their own allocated separate DB's.

I need to look at the stock held in other garages and have set up BO that uses Persistence type Database Existing External, this I can do when connecting to garages 5 & 6 that have their own separate DB using file path C:\AwareIM\DATA\Garage5

However, I can't seem to get the correct path to pick up the stock for any of the garages that sit on the Default DB (which I'm guessing is BASDB?), I've tried using C:\AwareIM\DATA\BASDB with the Garage1 etc as the unique name of the DB connection and also C:\AwareIM\DATA\BASDB\Garage1 and various other combinations but can't get it to link to the Stock BO.

What file path do you use when linking to one of the Business Spaces that sit in the Default Database. I'm only using Derby Database engine.
BobK

Re: File path for Persistence type Database Exisiting External

Post by BobK »

Are you aware that when using the default database, the BS name is prepended to the table names.

So to access the tables for Garages 1, 2, 3 and 4: you would use the same DB file path of c:\AwareIM\DATA\BASDB.
And to access the stock table for the 4 garages the table names would be
garage1_stock
garage2_stock
garage3_stock
garage4_stock
Bob
poshaccy

Re: File path for Persistence type Database Exisiting External

Post by poshaccy »

Hi Bob - thanks the reply it now works - thanks

Sorry for the late reply but on holiday in the South of France, middle of nowhere, 38-40 degree heat.

Cheers Paul