LogIn and LogOut notifications

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
denisv

LogIn and LogOut notifications

Post by denisv »

I have a Business Object called audittlogonoff.

I have set-up a LogInNotificayion of type when loginnotification is received to create an entry in this BO. It sroes the date, login user and an attribute to state 'LogIn'. This works fine.

I have tried the same for LogOut notification, but if I use either When Received or When Created it will not create the audittlogonoff object entry. Is there some different method used for LogOut ?

LogIn When Received (working):
CREATE AuditLogOnOff WITH AuditLogOnOff.UserName=LoginNotification.LoginName,AuditLogOnOff.DateTime=CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,AuditLogOnOff.LogType='LogIn'

LogOut When Created or Received (Not working)

CREATE AuditLogOnOff WITH AuditLogOnOff.UserName=LogoutNotification.LoginName,AuditLogOnOff.DateTime=CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,AuditLogOnOff.LogType='LogOut'
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

What does the log viewer show on user logout?
Aware IM Support Team
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Currently logout notification does not work in the testing mode. This is a bug that will be fixed asap. In the meantime please use standard (non-testing mode) where it should work fine.
Aware IM Support Team
denisv

Post by denisv »

Thank you - I have tested this in operation mode and it does write the logout notification action.

One thing has arisen however. Prior to upgrading to 2.2 I was able to have more that 1 browser open and run the same business space logged in as different users. This was very usefull as I could test data changes by different users. Now when I open a second browser and log on, the first browser also captures the second logged on person instead of maintaining it's own logged in user.

Has something changed to cause this ?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

No, nothing has changed in version 2.2. Working with two browsers on the same machine is not guaranteed to be 100% reliable in web applications. This is not an Aware IM - specific problem. Sometimes the web server will get confused as to which session the data is coming from and will send the output to the wrong browser. If browsers are from different machines the problem will never happen.
Aware IM Support Team
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

The problem with Logout notification not working in the testing mode has been fixed starting from build 940
Aware IM Support Team