Several business spaces with a single database

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
ACDC

Re: Several business spaces with a single database

Post by ACDC »

Off topic

Mark, did you manually create all the foreign key relationships to your DB? Or do you have some magic way to create those to then map your ERD?
Having foreign keys embedded in the DB makes it more compatible to external BI tools and reporting apps.
Would this not be a great feature to have for this purpose only. ?
ask180

Post by ask180 »

I also like the workflow idea as a tool to manage enterprise-level bsv's. I would be interested to see Aware's response to the feasibility of the idea.
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

eagles9999 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:23 pm FWIW.... I would do it all in a single Business Space.

You can compartmentalise to a certain degree using CATEGORY FOLDERS for sure. But modularising in seperate Business Spaces would introduce an entire pandoras box of problems.

You want to avoid dealing with External Database wherever possible and while it is certainly possible to communicate (mind you, I have not tried this but our Mobile Apps created in Appgyver use REST for ALL communications with Aware so I assume BS2BS would also work) it is an extra layer of complexity that needs to be managed.

I have proposed an idea to Vlad to implement the notion of a WorkFlow which would make it much easier to manage large applications.
Similar to a Business Object Group..... in the Left Menu Tree you would see Workflows. You create a New Workflow with a suitable name (Workflows would also be able to have Categories). In each Workflow, you will be able to add Business Objects, Queries, Processes, Documents, Notifications and Services that are used in that Workflow. Elements can be members of multiple WorkFlows. For any Element, there should be a way to see what Workflows it is a member of.
IMO, this would be a really big help, especially when Applications start getting large.

Our Flagship product, EZISTAFF is growing ... see image below .... so introducing WorkFlows would be a boon.

EZISTAFF.jpg
1+, this or something else to make work with large applications easier is needed.
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)