AwareIM as a data migration tool

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
ask180

AwareIM as a data migration tool

Post by ask180 »

Guys,

The organisation I contract to has purchased a software package that is hosted in the cloud, but it has vastly inadequate data migration tools. I am wondering whether AwareIM would be useful as a data migration tool. To that end, I am wondering (being non-technical):

1. Can an AwareIM instance running on my laptop connect to a hosted cloud database as an external database? Once connected, I assume I would see its data structures as business objects.
2. If so, what are the restrictions on the databases that can be connected to? For example, in this case, the database is MongoDB. With MongoDB being non-relational (or so I am lead to believe), does that make it impossible to connected to?

Any thoughts or experiences would be welcome.

Steve
customaware

Re: AwareIM as a data migration tool

Post by customaware »

This is the best data migration tool I have ever found. It is just brilliant.

The ESF Data Migration Toolkit.

https://www.dbsofts.com/
Cheers,
Mark
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

don't use aware for this.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
PointsWell

Post by PointsWell »

Pentaho has an ETL tool and the community version is free. It will allow you to graphically build your ETL process.

AwareIM is not the tool for data migration