Upcloud email problems?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
hpl123

Upcloud email problems?

Post by hpl123 »

Hi all,
I am moving over to Upcloud and can recall some developers having issues with Aware email on Upcloud. Is this still a problem and what exactly is the problem (and potential solution)?

Thanks
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
customaware

Re: Upcloud email problems?

Post by customaware »

Drop me an email privately and will make a time to call to discuss
Cheers,
Mark
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

I have built a queuing system to send emails on several Aware systems over the past few years because of this issue.
While it works, it’s a hassle. On average, it’s gonna take 30 seconds for the scheduler to hit a new entry in the queue, and that’s if you’re running it only once per minute. Nowadays, people usually get a confirmation email within a few seconds.
Depending on your application now, this could be 45 seconds before it hits him. Enough time to wonder if it’s coming.

I’m sure you could do some other strategies to improve it if this was really important, but it (the built in sending) should just work out of the box ON UPCLOUD.
I tried on a brand new current build system the other day, by using my instructions that I had posted in the thread out here, we modify the default CRM application and then send a email.
Even on a brand new 8.8 install on a newly spun up a cloud server it was 6-7 seconds of spinning.
Rather than going to the queue, it’s a whole lot easier to just use a REST call to send transactional email.
I’m using postmark.

If I didn’t want to go through any extra effort, but emails are important, I certainly wouldn’t use Upcloud.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

Thanks guys, I will test it some on Upcloud and let you know how it goes.
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)