Anyone have issues uploading large images?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jaymer

Anyone have issues uploading large images?

Post by Jaymer »

On 8.6, and now on latest 8.8, a customer totally hung up the entire aware system by trying to upload a large .MOV file.
About a year ago, there were some 25+meg images that did this, and they just stopped uploading those. No more issues.
Today a guy in the field accidentally selected the .MOV instead of .JPG and crashed everything.
Nothing unusual in the logs - but nothing would respond when trying to log back in.

1) I know mark said he has lots of images uploading daily - but he also said they had a max file size.
2) I had a max filesize of 8000, so it makes me wonder when aware checks - because it shouldn't have even allowed the start. Doesn't make sense to take time to upload a big file AND THEN say, oh, thats too large.
3) I've since added a restriction for Images only, so I shouldn't have the .MOV issue again, but still this shouldn't have crashed requiring an Aware restart.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
customaware

Re: Anyone have issues uploading large images?

Post by customaware »

For what it is worth... this is what I have in my mfu javascript file which restricts the upload image file size and also the number of images that can be uploaded at any one time.
mfu.jpg
mfu.jpg (137.75 KiB) Viewed 51062 times
Cheers,
Mark
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

You don't need a separate script for this anymore. Build 3132 has the ability to specify max. file size and max. total file size for MFU.

Also make sure that your BASServer.props file has adequate setting for JMS_BROKER_MEMORY - check out this thread:
http://awareim.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... 420#p51549
Aware IM Support Team
customaware

Post by customaware »

Where is the value specified in build 3132 Vlad?
Cheers,
Mark
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

In the same place where you specify that a process implements multi-file upload.
Aware IM Support Team
customaware

Post by customaware »

Thanx Vlad.
Will check it out.
Cheers,
Mark
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

aware_support wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:12 am You don't need a separate script for this anymore. Build 3132 has the ability to specify max. file size and max. total file size for MFU.
true, but what about a QTY of files selected?
Mark's script handles that before the upload.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

mark,
as an aside,
can you try to post this code into a code segment.

the other day, I was getting a cloudfare interruption when doing a simple html example.
cloudfare thought I was trying to post malicious code or something and when I'd do a Preview or Submit, I'd get a 404 Not Found error.

Jaymer
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

aware_support wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:12 am Also make sure that your BASServer.props file has adequate setting for JMS_BROKER_MEMORY - check out this thread:
http://awareim.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... 420#p51549
Vlad
QUESTION 1
In this thread, you said that the JMS setting had to be as large as your largest file you want to upload (in bytes).

If I want max upload size to be 8 Meg (approx), then in the BO on the Picture attribute, I'd use 8000 (here, its in Kb) as my max size.
then I'd use:
JMS_BROKER_MEMORY=8,000,000 (commas added for clarity)

Is this correct, or is this way to small? Because in this linked post, he's using 1000,000,000 and i'm using 8,000,000.
Thats a big diff.

QUESTION 2
If I want to allow 5 of these files to be uploaded at a time (multi mode), then does this number need to match TOTAL size or INDIVIDUAL filesize? In my example, should it now be:
JMS_BROKER_MEMORY=40,000,000 (commas added for clarity)

Jaymer
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

eagles9999 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:24 am For what it is worth... this is what I have in my mfu javascript file ...
Thx for posting that.
I never knew additional code was needed to upload files?
I see you've been trying to add large files back to 2017.
Was this something y'all came up with before Aware had the MaxSize setting in it?

Jaymer
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Don't try to calculate the amount of JMS_BROKER_MEMORY - just make it bigger than the biggest file users are allowed to upload. Or make it MUCH bigger than that if you have a decent server, that is. Make it 200Mb if max file size is 20Mb, for example.
Aware IM Support Team
chris__29

Post by chris__29 »

Question:

Where is JMS_BROKER_MEMORY using its memory from, is it sharing memory allocated for the server?

EG Server set to 32gig
Tomcat set to 8gig
JMS_BROKER_MEMORY set to 2gig

Does that mean the server would shared 2 gig of the allocated 32gig or is is sharing memory allocation with Tomcat

Or is it its own memory usage.
AwareIM 8.8
MySQL, MSSQL
MS Server
Australia
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

I just recently set my BROKER mem to 1Gig, and restarted.
Did not see any increase in Mem usage on the Task Manager Memory display.
Maybe it grabs it when needed.

I also wonder what the default setting is if NOT Specified?

Jaymer
rbross

Post by rbross »

chris__29 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:08 am Question:

Hello,

Where is JMS_BROKER_MEMORY using its memory from, is it sharing memory allocated for the server?

EG Server set to 32gig
Tomcat set to 8gig
JMS_BROKER_MEMORY set to 2gig

Does that mean the server would shared 2 gig of the allocated 32gig or is is sharing memory allocation with Tomcat

Or is it its own memory usage.
WHERE is the JMS_BROKER_MEMORY setting located (what is the file(s) name?

My customer has been having AwareIM lockup/Crash during the day since they moved to the new server.

The IT support wants to run AwareIM and Tomcat as a service.
I know there are 3 files that need to be updated, but I don't remember all of them.

what I remember they are,
AwareIM.config
Tomcat.config
Wrapper.config

What are the recommended memory settings for initial and max memory settings for the Java Heap Space?
Is there someplace else that needs to get updated with memory settings for
AwareIM Server
Tomcat
Configurator

Thank you,
Roger Ross
AwareIM 8.7 (build 3025) ~ MS-SQL ~ Windows 10 ~
AwareIM 8.5 (build 2828) ~ MS-SQL ~ Windows 10 ~
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

The file to set broker memory values in is AwareIM/bin/BASServer.props

The config files for running Aware IM as a service should only be used if you set memory for the AwareIM server or Tomcat or if you are using custom jars not listed in the class path of these config files.
Aware IM Support Team