Query Columns not being responsive

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
gernotlg

Query Columns not being responsive

Post by gernotlg »

Has anyone run in to this problem ?

I can't seem to get the 'responsive' feature working in queries... this bit below, as per screenshot.
responsive query problem 2023-03-23 010619.jpg
responsive query problem 2023-03-23 010619.jpg (66.23 KiB) Viewed 1331 times
I HAD it working.. it was working fine.

Then all of a sudden it won't work on any query.. I've delete querie's and re-added them... I've tried them in a Table, Nested Grid, Popup.. it just stopped working.

I even "turned it off and on again".

By not working.. I mean ... columns won't hide/display as setup in Screen Size Responsiveness screen.

I'm sure it's just something simple and stupid I have done that has made it stop working.
Thanks.
V8.8 / Windows / MySQL
Jaymer

Re: Query Columns not being responsive

Post by Jaymer »

It would seem to me that the default one shouldn’t be there.
Once the fault evaluates to true, then it may not be checking the additional lines.
I’m pretty sure that when you have presentation rules, it will stop changing the presentation, once it finds a rule that evaluates to true, even if a later rule also evaluates to true. It takes the first one.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
gernotlg

Post by gernotlg »

I would have thought I could remove the default, but it can't be deleted.

I've since even created a new test BS and same thing.. so maybe it's this computer. ??
V8.8 / Windows / MySQL
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

k, i was away earlier answering on my phone.
But I just did a new grid and tested this:
Screen Shot 2023-03-22 at 3.22.35 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-03-22 at 3.22.35 PM.png (48.83 KiB) Viewed 1319 times
I tried on a Desktop and just resized my browser window with the mouse.
It only accurately works when the Zoom is 100%.
When I got under 1000, the column disappeared as expected.
WHAT DID NOT work was the 1st rule to change the size when I was under 1300. Just seemed to ignore that.

FWIW, your rules seem reversed. You're adding a column when you get tiny - in my example I removed it.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Watch out for queries that have Save Settings operation defined, that allow end users to save their preferred query layout. This can mess with things like responsiveness.
Aware IM Support Team
gernotlg

SOLVED Re: Query Columns not being responsive

Post by gernotlg »

Well... it worked fine on my live server.. and it was getting time to re-install my Windows OS anyway as it was getting pretty messy after 18 months of trying out god-knows what software and tweaks I could find... Now I have a squeaky clean computer again.

It seems to be working again now.

I see what you mean by the zoom, but I usually only work at 100%... so I doubt that was it.

And the rules for the example in screenshot were to show a different column (that summerised two other columns with some hmtl formatting) for when the screen got too small (the other 2 columns would be then become hidden)...so not reversed. But thanks.

I'm still not sure what's best... just do a completely different query for small screens, or use the responsiveness in a single query... because I found when using 2 separate queries and then show/hide depending on the screen size (via the VP/panel responsiveness settings) would cause a problem if the screen was changed whilst there was a popup showing (one which shows details of query selection, for eg.)... the vp would hide the original query, and the popup (as expected I guess), and then show the other panel/s ... but then when sized back to before.. would still be showing the popup from earlier.

Thanks.
G
V8.8 / Windows / MySQL
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

manually changing the screen size after login confuses the whole system.
if I resize, then I ctrl-R to login again... but I doubt users know that.
glad its working.

Jaymer