Dedicated Windows Server provider

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
lineamovil

Dedicated Windows Server provider

Post by lineamovil »

Hello!

I have been working for years with iweb.com now (Leaseweb) and now they are having a rough time in the transition.
Can someone recommend a company where I can install my AwareIM application? I use Windows dedicated server.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience.
LineaMovil // Carlos Castillo
AwareIM Version 8.6
Windows Server 2021
MySQL Database 8.4
MEXICO
customaware

Re: Dedicated Windows Server provider

Post by customaware »

I have had a good experience for many years with Upcloud.com
I now have 15 server running with them in various locations (Germany, Singapore, Sydney and Chicago) running a mix
of Windows and Linux.
Had a small issue regarding latency in sending emails which I resolved by sending all emails in the background. But, other
than that... no complaints. Excellent customer service. Essentially twice as fast as AWS at virtually 1/2 the price...
And... most amazingly... when I need to do work on the server and want to back it up.... Upcloud will backup the ENTIRE server in
about 1 second. Awesome.

I was critisised for providing a Referral Code previously so will no post it here. But let me know if you want one.
Sure.... I get 50 bucks but also, you get 25 bucks.... pertinent information that was omitted from the dig that was pointed at me :D :D
Cheers,
Mark
joben

Post by joben »

Could someone explain why my reply as well as a PM was removed without notification?
If it falls under advertising and is disallowed, then it is understandable, and consequently, a ton of other threads and replies needs to removed as well.
But as far as I know, there are no actual written rules about this.
Regards, Joakim

hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

joben wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:21 am Could someone explain why my reply as well as a PM was removed without notification?
If it falls under advertising and is disallowed, then it is understandable, and consequently, a ton of other threads and replies needs to removed as well.
It looks like several posts and messages have been removed so the forum has maybe had some problems and a backup been used to restore it.
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
joben

Post by joben »

hpl123 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:28 am
joben wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:21 am Could someone explain why my reply as well as a PM was removed without notification?
It looks like several posts and messages have been removed so the forum has maybe had some problems and a backup been used to restore it.
Yes it seems you are correct. I was too quick on the trigger finger, my bad.
Regards, Joakim