Kendo Filtering Improvements

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jaymer

Kendo Filtering Improvements

Post by Jaymer »

A few weeks ago we had some posts about getting to the latest Kendo versions, and desired improvements and capabilities that Kendo offers, but are not utilized in Aware.

A guy gave me a demo yesterday of a system he was working on using the "nocode" tool Knack. Yes, there are pros/cons to using something like this, but what I really liked was the grid offering. Sure, its diff. than what we have... again pros & cons.

Here's a pic from Knack. Notice the filtering.
Screen Shot 2023-03-03 at 1.31.00 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-03-03 at 1.31.00 PM.png (155 KiB) Viewed 1165 times

So I checked into Kendo with a simple google "Kendo Filtering" and saw this page.
Pretty nice UI and a bit more flexible what what we can do. THAT WOULD BE REALLY NICE to offer an alternate grid view - takes up a bit more vertical space but allows users ability for a deep dive into their data store.

I especially like this - filtering on unique values in a column, which is easily done by pointing to a datasource "cities". Many of us could write a backend function to provide a "Select DISTINCT City from Customers" if we could enable front end filtering like this.
Screen Shot 2023-03-03 at 1.37.00 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-03-03 at 1.37.00 PM.png (152.03 KiB) Viewed 1165 times
Just hoping that enough people chime in to let Vlad know that we want these kind of improvements to Aware. If no one says anything, then why should he put effort into it? Functionality is available in Kendo now, but as someone mentioned in that other thread, we're a bit behind on Kendo.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
aware_support

Re: Kendo Filtering Improvements

Post by aware_support »

Can you please add all such requests to the "Version 9" thread?
Aware IM Support Team
Jaymer

oops

Post by Jaymer »

Oh sure, I didn't realize that was a V9 Wish List. sorry.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
aware_support

Re: Kendo Filtering Improvements

Post by aware_support »

It sort of became a wish list for the next version...
Aware IM Support Team