Button height in grid rows

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
ask180

Button height in grid rows

Post by ask180 »

Guys,
I have a form which has a grid of child records on a tab.

With no operations defined, the grid height is fine. When I add a menu with a dropdown of actions that can be performed on the record in each grid row, the height of the grid row increases (to accommodate the button). I'd like to reduce the size (height and text size) on the menu buttons, but can't find a way via the UI.

A search of the forum suggested that if I create a custom css file with the following code, and put the file into the Custom/css folder, the button height should reduce.

.aw-link.k-button.aw-link-no-text {
height: 1.5em!important;
}

Not being technical, I don't know anything about css. I assumed that if I restarted AwareIM, it would pick up the custom css file and I'd see a reduced height on my grids. But that didn't happen.

Any thoughts on what else I need to do to sort this out?

Thanks.
Jaymer

Re: Button height in grid rows

Post by Jaymer »

Not every time this is needed, but when you change some css, it MIGHT not get picked up because the browser doesn’t know the css file was changed and it uses the cached file (this depends on browser, etc.). Sometimes it will get picked up.
I just hold the shift key when I refresh my app window (normally I just ctrl-r) and this will force a reload of all files from the server.
You never have to restart the Aware server in this case.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Custom CSS is the way to go for something like this - it does work, so either it is a caching problem like Jaymer said or you didn't put the CSS file into the correct location or the CSS code you have there doesn't work.

If you need help with CSS you can either pay for support from us or ask an Aware IM CSS expert (we know at least one)
Aware IM Support Team
numberz

Post by numberz »

Seems like it would be nice to have a "button group" setup? At least one for site-wide?
Because if there are Operations with records in grids, it's useless to have the option of font size...no?

Is it sensible to resize the icons in some program or is it just better to use the css?
Regards and thanks,
Harry Carter