Tick Boxes

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
john

Tick Boxes

Post by john »

Hi

I am probably going to sound a bit daft now but I am having a real problem with tick boxes in my rules. I have a situation where I need a user to sort of check off several items before an object can be "passed". I have a drop down box that contains the wording "Yes", "No", and "Waiting". When "Yes" is selected the user is required to tick one or more tick boxes (depending on the object) or a Report Error is generated. This in theory would work fine (I think) but for some reason the system does not seem to recognise whether or not the boxes have been ticked? Obviously I am doing something wrong but I really cannot see what. I have the following Rule:

If LoggedInSystemUser.AccessLevel='PayrollAssistant' AND Temp.CardPrefix STARTSWITH'CIS' AND Temp.CheckerTemp='Yes' AND Temp.CheckerCard='No' Then
REPORT ERROR 'You Must Tick To Say You Have Checked This Temps Card Before You Can Make This Ready For Import'

Ok so starting from the top I only really want this Rule to be applied if a Payroll Assistant is updating the form. The Card prefix is an object type and the "CheckerTemp" field is the drop down box (of which I spoke), which as shown here is "Yes" when the Report Error is generated.

The "CheckerCard" field is the tick box. I have defined in my object that the default value is set to "No" so it should already read "No" when the user enters the form. I have tried also "<>yes", "='0' " and a whole range of other values in this rule but the system just will not recognise the difference between a "tick" and "no tick" in the box. Basically the system always generates the Report Error whatever I do to the tick box?

Sorry about the length of the post. Can you see anything obviously wrong with what I am trying to do?

Many Thanks
John
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

Are you saying that you tick the CheckerCard box (which is an equivalent to 'Yes' value), then submit the form and the REPORT ERROR action still get executed?

What does the log viewer show for the attribute? You should see the values of all attributes shown when the rule is evaluated before it is executed.
Aware IM Support Team
john

Post by john »

Hi

Yes basically I am saying that no matter what I do to the Tick box (or any tick box it would seem) I get no joy. I have looked in the Logger in the Control Panel and I couldn't see the values of the fields.

Basically from the rule used above if I leave the tick box blank I get the Report Error and If I tick the box I still get the report error? (if I choose to delete the Rule it passes without a problem)

From your response I get the impression that my Syntax in this Rule is correct?

Thanks
John
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

I can see no problem with the syntax. You really need to see the attribute values when the rule is executed in the operation mode.

Click the Logging button on the Control Panel, select Full logging level (for the test or main mode according to where you run your application) and click Log To Viewer. Go to your object form, tick the box and submit the form to get the rule executed. Inspect the attribute values in the Log Viewer window when the rule is evaluated.
Aware IM Support Team