Issue with Panel Operations

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
BobK

Issue with Panel Operations

Post by BobK »

I am trying to use Panel Operations to allow a user to enter some data and run a process. I have been unable to get this to work satisfactorily.

I have a query that displays some orders. In the Top Panel Toolbar I have 2 Input Controls for 2 different attributes of the BO that is selected as the User Session object. I also have an operation (button) that runs a process to update the orders with the data from the 2 input fields.

When the query is run, the data displays in the grid and the 2 input fields and button display above the grid. Everything looks good.
Entering data into the 2 input fields and pressing the button executes the correct process, but the orders are not being updated with the data from the 2 input fields. It looks like the data is not being saved in the User Session object.

If I enter data in the first field and hit ENTER on the keyboard, enter data in the second field and hit ENTER on the keyboard then press the button, the data gets saved in the User Session object and the process runs and updates the orders.

Having to hit ENTER after entering data seems unnatural and not intuitive.

Hopefully some one can tell me that I am doing something wrong and how to fix it so that the users do not have to hit ENTER every time they enter data into the input fields.

FYI: for both input fields I left "Operation to execute" empty.
Bob
Jaymer

Re: Issue with Panel Operations

Post by Jaymer »

i've used this feature a bit now, but not as you.
usually, its to re-run the query in SAME PANEL.
Sorry.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
aware_support

Re: Issue with Panel Operations

Post by aware_support »

Input controls in a toolbar are designed to be executed one by one after you press ENTER (or select an item in a drop down or date control). They are not meant to work together. If you want them to work together you will need some custom scripting.
Aware IM Support Team