Help with Locale Translation

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
rocketman

Help with Locale Translation

Post by rocketman »

Hello, I found this thread which I have tried to follow to the letter https://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic ... ion#p24200

I created a new locale - Francaise, exported it and it opened in EXCEL, isolated the english and put it into a new .xlsx file which I then translated using google translate, replaced the @ in the original with the French translation, then concatenated it all back into one string, saved it as a txt file, then renamed the txt file back to a .lcl file, But when I import the reformed file - all I get is empty green lines at the end of the original Locale.

My txt file looks like below and I can't see anything wrong with it so I'm wondering if anything has changed since this original post Just one thing I did - that was I tried a test with just 100 lines (out of 3500) - should I have done the whole lot to create an identical match? Could there be some no-no characters in my English text (like apostrophies or Question marks - I know there are some)

_# From What Date# partir de quelle date#Configuration
_# A glider with a simlar ident exists - aborting process# Un planeur avec un identifiant similaire existe - processus d'abandon#Configuration
_# A record for this period already exists You may need to delete it to avoid a double up. Do You wish to continue# Un enregistrement pour cette période existe déjà. Vous devrez peut-être le supprimer pour éviter un doublon. Souhaitez-vous continuer#Configuration
_# Additional Price# Prix Supplémentaire#Configuration
_# Bank and/or Reconcile# Bancaire et/ou rapprochement#Configuration
_# Base Price# Prix de base#Configuration
"_# Before we proceed I would like to calculate the most up to date balances. Is that OK?# Avant de continuer, je voudrais calculer les soldes les plus récents. Est-ce que ça va ?#Configuration"
_# Club Aircraft# Avions du club#Configuration
_# Create Recurring TX# Créer une transmission récurrente#Configuration

FOOTNOTE - there HAS to be a better way surely?
Rocketman

V8.7 Developer Edition. Server 2016 Standard edition. MySql 5.5