Version 9 Wish List

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jaymer

Kendo tabbing into a field

Post by Jaymer »

Screen Shot 2023-02-05 at 11.02.48 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-02-05 at 11.02.48 PM.png (17.33 KiB) Viewed 12196 times
when you tab into Text and Date fields, the data is selected.
But as of 8.6, tabbing into a numeric just puts the insertion point at the start of the field.
Is there a fix for this without custom JS on every form in the app?
Is this a Kendo limitation?
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
Jaymer

Unique values in a column

Post by Jaymer »

Another Kendo improvement would be a dynamic list of unique values in a grid column.

Go to a column filter (plain text attribute) and enter 1 letter, THEN backspace that to clear the field.
You should get a pulldown box like this:
Screen Shot 2023-02-14 at 2.15.02 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-02-14 at 2.15.02 PM.png (28.32 KiB) Viewed 12155 times
Problem is thats not reliable. I don't know where/how that data is determined, but its not what it seems. Its NOT a list of unique values, because the image shows other values in that field which did not appear in the list.
BUT if would be cool if a user had access to all the Unique values of a column for easy filtering.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Jaymer

Re: Tabbing into a field

Post by Jaymer »

Kendo supports selecting the text when you tab into a numeric field (like it does on a text field).
Vlad could easily add this code here: https://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/api/j ... ectonfocus

Even in the short term, I'd like to know how to adapt this code so I could manually add it to the Script at the field level on a form!

Jaymer
Jaymer

Re: Unique values in a column

Post by Jaymer »

There's an easy option to add a data source for a filter,
as shown here: https://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/grid ... tomization
And from the source:

Code: Select all

function cityFilter(element) {
            element.kendoDropDownList({
                dataSource: cities,
                optionLabel: "--Select Value--"
            });
        }
This is basically the same as a ComboBox in Aware. If we could attach a Query as a data source (actually, queries don't do DISTINCT, so it would have to improve on what we have today), or use a similar mechanism ) then filtering in the Browser would be better.

Jaymer
aware_support

Re: Version 9 - Web Components ???

Post by aware_support »

Please keep adding these. We do take note of all requests.
Aware IM Support Team
MESSI

Post by MESSI »

Report Designer needs huge improvements. This part of Aware was left behind.
I know we can use JasperReports or other systems along, but would be great if Report Designer would be updated.
AwareIM 8.5, 8.7 - MySQL, MariaDB
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

MESSI wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:38 am Report Designer needs huge improvements. This part of Aware was left behind.
I know we can use JasperReports or other systems along, but would be great if Report Designer would be updated.
Can you be specific?

Jaymer
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Yes, saying that the Report Designer needs huge improvements, is not helpful at all. Have you created any reports with the Report Designer? What specifically you didn't like or is missing there?

(it is being improved regularly - there are improvements in version 8.8, for example)
Aware IM Support Team
Jaymer

Radio Button layout

Post by Jaymer »

It would be nice to have better control over Radio Button layout on a form.
The radio buttons are laid out in a table.
There's a pixel width for the buttons (you specify this in aware),
and you can specify how many columns as well.
So by simple math, that determines the spacing between each "dot".
(500 pixels total width / 5 buttons = 20% for each column)

This is ok, but when I say "better control", it would be to fine-tune the column size FOR EACH BUTTON to make a prettier UI.

Example 1: (this cannot be done by default)
Screen Shot 2023-03-16 at 4.49.39 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-03-16 at 4.49.39 PM.png (54.99 KiB) Viewed 11976 times

Aware will make a "messy" layout if you have 1 field with 6 dots, and another field with 5 dots and use the same pixel Width. So you can monkey with that a bit and get close like this:
Screen Shot 2023-03-16 at 5.07.01 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-03-16 at 5.07.01 PM.png (27.33 KiB) Viewed 11976 times
OK, a good start, but now a lot of screen width used - you can see my "---" and "IP" options are "narrow", so I want to tighten it up like in the first image.

Example 2: (this cannot be done by default)
Screen Shot 2023-03-16 at 4.49.53 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-03-16 at 4.49.53 PM.png (38.98 KiB) Viewed 11976 times
The longer options like "Shipped to Galvanizer" and "at Paint Shop" wrap around unless you use a lot of screen with (and wasted blank space) to make it not wrap.
The key is allowing us to specify a column width for each column.

width: 4%;...---
width: 7%;...In Process
width: 7%;...Complete
width: 7%;...Shipped
width: 13%;...Shipped to Galvanizer
width: 20%;...n/a

Without this, it would make each column 16.6667% , or 1/6th of 100%

Jaymer
customaware

Re: more Kendo

Post by customaware »

Jaymer wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:38 am snipped from this thread reported 2.5 years ago: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11795&p=54605

"I make a Query and I have to specify 20 rows, for example.
Then my customer has a user with a "large" screen and they could fit 35 rows.
But the grid is hardcoded for 20.

Why can't Aware/Kendo figure this out and just fill all of available vertical space with data?
The pulldown where you specify 10,25,50,Unlimited... couldn't it say "Use Available" ?

And then for the user who uses the system with a smaller laptop gets a scrollbar because only 18 or 19 fit."
+1
Cheers,
Mark
BLOMASKY

Re: Version 9 Wish List

Post by BLOMASKY »

How about FontAwesome Pro built in. Saves me having to update the startup.html file after each update.

Talking about updates, should be an easier, more automated updates when new build released. I have to change too many files. (Yes, I can copy them from an older version, but for all I know there was some change in the (UIConfig, BASServer, logon.htm, startup.html and the few others.)

Bruce
tford

Post by tford »

Talking about updates, should be an easier, more automated updates when new build released. I have to change too many files. (Yes, I can copy them from an older version, but for all I know there was some change in the (UIConfig, BASServer, logon.htm, startup.html and the few others.)

+1,000 !!
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

I think ACDC has asked for this before, plus myself.

Here is a new form I'm working on. You can see the reference object (ie. the Grid)
Screen Shot 2023-04-10 at 3.12.52 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-04-10 at 3.12.52 PM.png (101.63 KiB) Viewed 11874 times
As you build your form, you need to make changes to any number of properties of the grid. Rather than editing the Grid, its usually better if you change the Attribute itself.
So I go back to edit the BO Grid settings:
Screen Shot 2023-04-10 at 3.14.06 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-04-10 at 3.14.06 PM.png (239.32 KiB) Viewed 11874 times
Now, I'd have to delete the field on the form, and re-add it.
Would be easier to just right click on it and see this:
Screen Shot 2023-04-10 at 3.14.39 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-04-10 at 3.14.39 PM.png (78.25 KiB) Viewed 11874 times
We have been asking for a way to do the 2nd item shown in this popup menu... to visually see and tweak a Grid, then instead of manually trying to edit all the elements back in the BO, you'd use the 2nd item in the Context Menu and push these settings BACK to the Attribute definition. This would be a perfect place to also implement the 1st item shown in the popup menu, so we don't have to delete and re-add a field.

Jaymer
Rem

Post by Rem »

Import of Excel files, not just CSV. We have many customer who needs this.
Regards
Rune

PointsWell

Post by PointsWell »

Rem wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:14 pm Import of Excel files, not just CSV. We have many customer who needs this.
Newer versions of Apache POI (part of the AIM code set) allow for the reading of Excel files.