Recent Object Functionality

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
baskosi

Recent Object Functionality

Post by baskosi »

Hi,

I would like to track changes to attributes in the records. I created RecordChange BO with date of change and the user who changed the record.

I would also like to store old or existing values of attributes in the changed object (or even better only those that changed). I don't find a function to do this that would work independent of the BO type. Only way I see is using OLD_VALUE and hard-coding attributes for each BO.

I would like something like 'Recent Objects' functionality. I can only find RecentEntitiesBean.class in a .jar file. Is it possible to have a function that would return attribute values for any type of BO? Returning these values as a string would be enough.
Borut
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

This function can be easily implemented as a Java plug-in. If you are not comfortable with Java send an e-mail to [email protected] and we will implement this for you.
Aware IM Support Team
baskosi

Post by baskosi »

Your kindness could make me lazy :wink:

I know Java programming but was trying to avoid it. AwareIM is such a nice system that you just don't want to go back to Java :oops:

I might have many such functionality requirements and don't want to just off-load them onto you. So back to Programmer's Reference. I will appreciate a help every now and then when I get stuck.
Borut