Force Shortcut Values On Form

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
PointsWell

Force Shortcut Values On Form

Post by PointsWell »

I have created

BO has
peerSingle Attribute 1
peerSingle Attribute 2
Text Attribute

To control the creation of this I have a wizard form with three panels

Panel 1 has a grid with all the options for peerSingle Attribute 1
Panel 2 has a grid with all the options for peerSingle Attribute 2
Panel 3 has a shortcut for peerSingle Attibute 1, a shortcut for peerSingle Attribute 2 and the text field.

I'm having a problem getting the last panel to show the selected items as a short cut. I am guessing because I haven't saved the BO yet.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get this to show properly without saving the BO first, as the above is a very simplified description the BO has processing that can only happen once all the fields are completed.
BLOMASKY

Re: Force Shortcut Values On Form

Post by BLOMASKY »

why not put these attributes into a session BO. (clear it out and edit it prior to starting) then after the 3rd panel, create your real BO?

Bruce
PointsWell

Post by PointsWell »

Good idea, I'll try that today.

Thanks Bruce
PointsWell

Post by PointsWell »

Well I gave up on this.

If you use a Checkbox as your selection widget on a peer single, then the act of selecting that checkbox does not trigger a WAS CHANGED event. I looked at setting a default operation on record and that of course failed because you can't spawn secondary processes if you called the form from another process that has additional steps to run.

Have just reverted to a drop box and single page rather than a wizard.