Setting Report Elements in Properties

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
ColinP

Setting Report Elements in Properties

Post by ColinP »

The user manual says on page 358
"To set the properties of a report/presentation band ....click on the band's bar in the Design Area. The properties of the selected band will be displayed in the Selection Properties window . . . .
Height
Specify the height of the band in points. Note that you can also drag the band's bar in the design area to change the height of the bands on both sides of the the bar being dragged"

This does not work. In fact I can change none of the properties by direct entry in the Selection Properties. It allow me the change, but will not save the new values.

So far I have struggled by solely using the design area (hard work!) but . .
So far as the Summary Band is concerned I can't change the height by dragging either. The issue with the Summary Band is made much worse because there is not a band below it which could be dragged. If you drag the line at the foot of the design area, it has no effect at all.

I saw some posts dating back to 2017/18 (I think - I can't find them again despite using the same search criteria) in version 8.4 of similar complaints. I am using 8.7 (Build 3012)

Really rather urgent
Colin
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AwareIM 8.7 (Build3012) Windows Virtual Server Derby
Jaymer

Re: Setting Report Elements in Properties

Post by Jaymer »

when you enter the # in the property, make sure you press the Return key (not on the keypad)
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
ColinP

Post by ColinP »

You guys are just brilliant - I thought I had tried everything!

Thank you
Colin
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AwareIM 8.7 (Build3012) Windows Virtual Server Derby
Jhstephenson

Post by Jhstephenson »

I still get burned by that too often.