New Online Documentation

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
aware_support

New Online Documentation

Post by aware_support »

The new online documentation that combines everything we have is now available at this URL (courtesy of PointsWell - thanks a million, Sean!)

https://www.awareim.com/dokuwiki
Aware IM Support Team
hpl123

Re: New Online Documentation

Post by hpl123 »

Kudos, looks useful.
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
cishpix

Post by cishpix »

Perfect!!!

Aware IM v8.8 available now :o :o
See this link https://www.awareim.com/dokuwiki/doku.p ... g/8.8/3099

But...
as I check its still Alpha version
v_8-8.png
v_8-8.png (111.82 KiB) Viewed 4070 times
Regards,

Suwandy
-----------------
Kisaran - Indonesia
chris__29

Post by chris__29 »

Great work!!

much better than using the pdf documents.
AwareIM 8.8
MySQL, MSSQL
MS Server
Australia
joben

Post by joben »

This is wonderful!

Now please add a kudos system or upvoting to the forum threads and replies :)
Regards, Joakim

Jhstephenson

Post by Jhstephenson »

I really like the idea of the new documentation, but there is one small problem with it.

When I do a search and it comes up with the results it highlights each search term that was matched.

Unfortunately, being really color blind, I cannot read the text with the color that was chosen to highlights those words.
PointsWell

Post by PointsWell »

Jhstephenson wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:39 pm I really like the idea of the new documentation, but there is one small problem with it.

When I do a search and it comes up with the results it highlights each search term that was matched.

Unfortunately, being really color blind, I cannot read the text with the color that was chosen to highlights those words.
What type of colour blindness? Assuming Tritanomaly.

You can change the colour palette to be a dark version using the palette button.
Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 09.57.34.png
Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 09.57.34.png (11.39 KiB) Viewed 3971 times
On testing it though it makes the highlight a very bright orange and it may be even less legible.

These are FOSS themes so have not been built specially, and the highlighting is the default (ie wasn't chosen). I am also not an HTML / CSS expert so if anyone has some expertise to jump in then please do.
Jhstephenson

Post by Jhstephenson »

I am not sure of the official name but I have always been told it is Red-Green. But, there are color combinations outside of that scale that I seem to have issues with as well. We have a car dealership in town that has a big sign up that says something like "Regional Import Center". The background on the sign is Black. The first letter of each word is in Red, the other letters in white. All I see when I look at it is " egional mport enter".

We tried the Dark theme and it actually made it worse.

Oh well, I will figure out how to deal with it.
joben

Post by joben »

Jhstephenson wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:21 pm I am not sure of the official name but I have always been told it is Red-Green. But, there are color combinations outside of that scale that I seem to have issues with as well. We have a car dealership in town that has a big sign up that says something like "Regional Import Center". The background on the sign is Black. The first letter of each word is in Red, the other letters in white. All I see when I look at it is " egional mport enter".

We tried the Dark theme and it actually made it worse.

Oh well, I will figure out how to deal with it.
Have you tried using a Chrome extension like this before? I am not colorblind, but it looks like it could be a neat tool: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... cool?hl=en

I also think the orange highlighting is annoying. CTRL+F is all I need.
Regards, Joakim

nhofkes

Post by nhofkes »

I am very happy with the online documentation, it's quicker and easier to read than the PDF. Also, I assume it's easier to update it when there would be an error or something to add in the text.
It seems that not everything has already been converted to the Wiki format? For example the Programmers Reference is displayed as a PDF.

As regards highlighting: I agree that it is a bit annoying. I am not color blind but I also find it difficult to read the highlighted words. But of course only the search words or phrase are highlighted, so it's not difficult to guess what those highlighted terms are...
Niels
(V9.0 build 3241 - MariaDB - Windows)
PointsWell

Post by PointsWell »

nhofkes wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:06 am As regards highlighting: I agree that it is a bit annoying. I am not color blind but I also find it difficult to read the highlighted words. But of course only the search words or phrase are highlighted, so it's not difficult to guess what those highlighted terms are...
When viewing the actual pages (ie not the search results) remove the

Code: Select all

?s[]=%2ASearchTerm%2A
from the end of the URL. This will remove the highlighting from the search terms.