Thanks for AwareIM 2.2 !

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Hubertus

Thanks for AwareIM 2.2 !

Post by Hubertus »

Many thanks to all involved with AwareIM for this great new release !

I just upgraded and played a little bit and it looks really excellent especially the external database feature !

Since I didn't find any information on upgrading to a newer version in the documentation I wrote a short Howto http://hiden.org/awareim/tips-n-tricks/ ... er-version. Could someone from AwareIM please be so kind and take a short look at this and tell me in case there's a mistake ?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Hubertus,

thank you for the kind words about the new release and for the excellent write-up of the upgrade procedure (we should have done it ourselves - it's an oversight).

A couple of comments about your summary:
1) It is not necessary to restore the contents of DocTemplates directory
2) Generally it is not necessary to restore ../Tomcat/webapps/AwareIM directory either unless you had manual changes to the JSP files of the forms

Best Regards
Aware IM Support Team
baskosi

Post by baskosi »

It might help somebody...

Clear your browser cache after upgrading. My browser was using old .js files from cache instead of the new ones that came with the new version.

Just thinking - will this affect users of a production system? They usually don't know anything about browser cache and don't like to get into such 'technical' stuff. Is there a way that browser would realise there are new .js files available and load them automaticaly?
Borut
Hubertus

Post by Hubertus »

Hello everybody !

1.) For me it was necessary to copy to contents of the DocTemplates in order to make a pdf report work.
2.) Restoring ../Tomcat/webapps/AwareIM was necessary in order to bring back the the modified header.

Are these explanations correct ? Or could it have to do with the browser cache as baskosi mentioned ?

Hubertus
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Hello Hubertus,

1) We need to invesitigate this. It shouldn't be necessary in theory
2) If you made manual modifications to JSP forms you do need to restore them

These issues have nothing to do with the browser cache
Aware IM Support Team