Aware mail setting

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Markfre1

Aware mail setting

Post by Markfre1 »

I am using AWS sending emails through go daddy. My setting have been smptout.secureserver.net.

My email just stopped sending and godaddy said it should be smpt.office365.com.

Still not working. I never had an outgoing port listed. Firewall off.

Need assistance asap has need to send customer autoemails in the next day. Any help is beyond apprecaited. Mark
joben

Re: Aware mail setting

Post by joben »

smpt should be smtp.

This could be an SPF issue.
Which domain name is used in your FROM address?

For instance, if you are using [email protected] , and an SPF record exists for that domain, it needs to permit the outgoing SMTP server to send in its name.

You can use mxtoolbox.com and search for spf:example.org
That will display the SPF record if it exists and if it's valid.
Regards, Joakim

Markfre1

Post by Markfre1 »

My settings are

#Sun Jun 05 21:16:46 EDT 2022
MailHost=smtp.office365.com
Password=xxxxxxx
MailTLS=true
UserName=[email protected]
MailPort=587
FromAddress=[email protected]

Thank you. I am running 6.0. I had Vlad look at it because the error message says tls does not support 1.0 or 1.1. Vlad had me copy the newer mail.jar. But is still did not work. He suggested that I upgrade and test in version 8.7 but its quite a hassle as its a different server, moving data, licensing issues, etc. I just used the tool you recommend and it has the old smtp.secureserver.net. Is this something I need to change in Godaddy office 365 setup? To smtp.office365.com?
Markfre1

Post by Markfre1 »

Maybe thats the problem?
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

Markfre1 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:56 pm My settings are

#Sun Jun 05 21:16:46 EDT 2022
MailHost=smtp.office365.com
Password=xxxxxxx
MailTLS=true
UserName=[email protected]
MailPort=587
FromAddress=[email protected]

Thank you. I am running 6.0. I had Vlad look at it because the error message says tls does not support 1.0 or 1.1. Vlad had me copy the newer mail.jar. But is still did not work. He suggested that I upgrade and test in version 8.7 but its quite a hassle as its a different server, moving data, licensing issues, etc. I just used the tool you recommend and it has the old smtp.secureserver.net. Is this something I need to change in Godaddy office 365 setup? To smtp.office365.com?
Try changing protocol and ports i.e instead of TLS use SSL or no encryption. I remember something about having similar issues and the problem was some changes to how TLS protocols were handled at the provider I was using. I changed the ports and got it working again, can´t remember more details.
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
joben

Post by joben »

Markfre1 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:56 pm I just used the tool you recommend and it has the old smtp.secureserver.net. Is this something I need to change in Godaddy office 365 setup? To smtp.office365.com?
I just checked SPF for your domain, you don't have an SPF record so this is not the issue.

I also checked your MX records and it doesn't look correct. You should follow the instructions in the Office 365 setup wizard so you get the correct MX records for your domain. As far I remember, the wizard will tell you to add mx records, spf and an autodiscover record.

By the way, I am sending you a PM with some account settings on our self-hosted server that you can try if you want. Maybe it will help narrow down the issue.
Regards, Joakim

Markfre1

Post by Markfre1 »

The email is routed through godaddy so I may have to contact them as they migrated their email over to office365. I am not sure if I have access to those reocrds but I think I do through the domain setup? Not may area of expertise but will check. Mark
chris__29

Post by chris__29 »

You're not hitting this issue ?

In September 2021, we announced that effective October 1, 2022, we will begin disabling Basic authentication for Outlook, EWS, RPS, POP, IMAP, and EAS protocols in Exchange Online. SMTP Auth will also be disabled if it is not being used

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/ ... -p/2772210
AwareIM 8.8
MySQL, MSSQL
MS Server
Australia
JoshK131

Post by JoshK131 »

Is there a solution to getting outlook smtp working on Aware IM applications?

I've had to move most of my clients to gmail for sending emails.